i'm getting a haircut monday!

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Probably a good spot for Matt Bettis' old signature.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I usually would go to the barber twice a week. For the last 3 months, my wife's been doing it. It's been interesting! Your courage has inspired me to go back to the barber this week.
Thank you & Congratulations, LOL!!

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Gotta feel good.
I was scheduled for one two weeks ago. My barber had it set up for me. Was sooooo excited to finally buzz this mop.
And I got put up for a Russian gangster. I can’t cut my hair until either the film is fully cast or we wrap. Either way ...it’s still hippie boy time.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I learned to cut my own hair about 10 yrs ago. So simple really...especially with short hair. While I feel bad about not contributing $20-$30 to the economy every 2-3 months this is so much more convenient. I taught my wife how to do it as well. So now if I butcher my own hair I can only blame myself.... not get mad at some hack barber or hair stylist.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I finally got one a week or two ago. I figured I'd get in before it got super busy again. Fortunately my barber is following cleaning and mask protocols too.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So before I go... How am I supposed to wear a mask and get a hair cut at the same time?

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
LOL I let my GF cut mine. But, I usually travel about an hour to go to my barber

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
So before I go... How am I supposed to wear a mask and get a hair cut at the same time?
I wore a dust mask with a single band around the back of my head. I dropped the band to my neck for the majority of the time so it wasn't in the way of the back of my head or sides. As long as I didn't move it stayed in place. When she moved to my neck/hairline I had to move the band back up.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Been cutting mine about three months. Just a simple buzz cut every 3 or 4 weeks. Saves me a little time and money.
We did that to our 14 month old. He already had 2 or 3 haircuts before and was ready for another one (born with full head of hair). A month and a half later it's finally growing in long enough to need a trim on the side.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wore a dust mask with a single band around the back of my head. I dropped the band to my neck for the majority of the time so it wasn't in the way of the back of my head or sides. As long as I didn't move it stayed in place. When she moved to my neck/hairline I had to move the band back up.
Cool . I just bought some masks that hook around the ears. I've been wearing buffs which wouldn't work at all for a hair cut.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
I wasn’t wearing a hat yesterday like I usually do, the wind came up and afterward my son said I looked like a mad scientist.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My wife has given me just a few shaping trims but says she now prefers me having longer hair.

She is my target audience and often tells me she would not have married me had I not been a drummer.

Latest posts