I'm in love!!!

AustinFitz

Reaction score
The Jupiter's looking gorgeous!
Thank you! I think so too. I know a lot of people think of them as cheap looking, but I find them to be beautiful! They're fairly heavy and well made with nice chrome. This is actually the first snare I've ever had or played witha parallel strainer, and I'm LOVING it! The sensitivity is amazing, and with everything being adjustable it's extremely versatile! There are so many really nice, useable sounds it can do that it's been hard to settle on one! Another thing I really like is that when I flip the wires off they move WAY away from the head so I get zero rattling while playing with the snare off. Then when I flip them back on they're at the exact same tension as they were initially. Overall it's just a delightful drum all around!

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The non-parallel version, the 4214 has been my main snare for the last half a decade, actually one of two. There isn't a gig I haven't thrown at it: klezmer, funk, swing, reggae, classic rock, country, hip-hop, you name it!
IMG_1483.jpg

AustinFitz

Reaction score
The non-parallel version, the 4214 has been my main snare for the last half a decade, actually one of two. There isn't a gig I haven't thrown at it: klezmer, funk, swing, reggae, classic rock, country, hip-hop, you name it!View attachment 397383
That's awesome!!! I wouldn't mind finding myself a nice 5×14 like that to add to my collection. Be it parallel, Gladstone, or maybe even one of each lol! Is that a 5" or a 5.5? Either way I really dig it.