I'm spent...

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
back to back gigs this weekend that I've been looking forward to for quite sometime, then the evening of the 4th, I wake up at night with
a scratchy throat, aches and pains etc...
I went downhill yesterday, but the show goes on, and it was an absolutely fantastic evening. Dinner set overlooking the harbor, followed by a 30 song dance set. No breaks.
The floor was packed with hundreds of party-goers. I felt like ass and was literally running on sheer adrenaline. Got home, had about 4 hours sleep before I get for the graveside
service for my mom who passed a week or so ago.
I'm physically and emotionally spent, but I'm going to put my head down, and in a few hours go do it all over again. Thankful that my mom and dad always supported me as a kid
when I took up the drums, and grateful to still be doing it after all these years.
Sorry, just had to vent.
I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed holiday weekend!

Cheers, Tom

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Music can be an exhaustive partner and a healing balm all at the same time... sorry to hear of the passing of your mom. Sounds like it was a good night to set aside even just a little of the weeks stress.

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Mom. Processing that will definitely take its toll mentally and physically. Rest up and take care of yourself so you’ll be ready for the next gig.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Sorry for loss...
I too am pretty spent. We just had 2 back to back shows after 5 weeks off. I’ve been playing in my garage but not for an hour at time with breaks in between....it’s good to be back out there though.

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's a lot to take on..stress is a killer..you need sleep..cut down on the booze if you are a drinker..it will help you sleep better and give you more energy to catch up on things..good luck..

fishaa

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The stress and anxiety of losing someone will eat you up.
Take care of yourself, brother.
Sorry for your loss.

We’re with you.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Yes, sorry about your Mum. I know how that feels. Rest up.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Get some rest and you time. Sounds like you need a good recharge. Take care of yourself

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Tom, you have my deepest sympathy, friend.

I'm exhausted and sore from a string of July gigs myself, so I'm right there with ya pal.
I had double gigs Thurs. Fri. and Saturday, 4 of them were outside. I'm completely fried.
I don't even want to see a drumset right now so I'm not sure why I'm here on DFO today.
Habit, I guess.

Best wishes and comfort to you and yours.

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
Wow, you’ve been through quite a lot. So sorry for your loss. :-(

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words guys. Mom lived a long and full life, still hard saying goodbye. The gigs were exhausting, but it's exactly what I needed. Today I'm resting
Cheers, Tom

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
So Sorry. It’s very difficult losing a leading member of the tribe. Her spirit will continue to live through you, let all her positive energy shine on!

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Lost my mom last October. I'm still having trouble dealing with it.
I believe that when you lose a parent it is a large part of your life gone..how can anybody really get over it? It's more like we get used to living without the person. Just remember the good times, no point dwelling on the bad..I lost mine a few years ago and ended up buying her house off of my siblings...it's nice to be here, but I think about her every day..always in good ways, so it makes me happy....