I'm thankful for....

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
In these days with Covid in decline (or so I'd like to think), despite not losing anyone...I find myself being more open...so...

I'm thankfully for you all, this site...I've learned a lot...laughed a bit...made some friends...made some deals....

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US...and thank you all.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVE this thread!
So grateful for the drums, my bretheren here, and the people behind this site.
We don't know what we got until we are stripped of it.
And then it's too late to say thanks to those that made it all possible.
Good job dtk.

When those around me lose sight of what blessings they live in, I remind them of the following:

More than 2/3 of the worlds population survive on less than 10 dollars per day.
Most all of us are extremely wealthy compared to our brothers and sisters around the globe.
When we stress over the colors we will paint our kitchen walls ... we got it good.
Grateful ... grateful ... grateful.

Here's something to chew on amidst the other dishes ... the opposite of grateful and thankful is entitled and rude.
There's a bell that rings pretty darn loud these days.

halldorl

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ditto! Great place, lots of wonderful knowledgeable people.

I was reminded a few weeks ago how blessed I am. My youngest son (17 almost 18) said over the dinner table that he wished he could find something to study he truly loves so he could make a career out of it. "Just like you dad. You studied and work with what you love the most and you have done it all your life, since you were a kid".

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So thankful for being healthy enough and inspired enough to still play, strive to improve, and make music at an age I once considered over the hill.
Thankful to have found a couple of other local musicians that are just as passionate about playing well for others enjoyment, serving the songs, leaving the egos at home, and being willing to share their time to pursue performing live music regionally at a level that it pays its way.
Blessed to have what I need to pursue this passion and others to share with and learn from, and on rare occasion even help those who are earlier in the experience and journey.

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thankful that I'm still in decent health enough to participate in a passion that we all love.

Thankful for family and friends.

Thankful I'm still gainfully employed and have a roof over my head and my daughters and their families are doing well.

THANK YOU, DFO!!

ludwigmod72

Reaction score
Just wanted to take a minute to wish all my drummer friends a Happy, Healthy and Safe Thanksgiving!! Love being part of the forum and enjoy the stories, input and advice from all of you. Looking forward to the Black Friday Drum and Equipment Sales too HAHA!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

Sonar Dave

Reaction score
The Orchestra teacher came into our fourth grade class one day and said "We are starting a band and orchestra. These are the instruments. Choose one and have your parent sign the approval. Half of the class chose drums. I was the only one who got permission from my parents. So I became the school drummer.

So I would have to say I am thankful for my Parents.

bbunks

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving all! Eat well and watch the Beatles movie!

Echoing Sonar Dave’s thoughts, I’m thankful my parents fully supported me playing drums. My mom loved my practicing at home: “I always knew where you were”