Impressed with 57 to 59 Sling R/King.

slingerland 59 R/K snare

Reaction score
I made some improvements on the Chicago land R/K snare that I have. For those of you that do not know they used Calf skins or gut heads back in the day so I had to come up with something to ride over the wrinkles from the head. Also the snare wires where facing downwards on the clam shell ends. I tried the hair blower trick did not work. Because of the valley in the shells that they put in on the drum. I made up some spacers to sit higher on the head. So I tested it out on todays practice. Wow. Nice sound and every one like the sound not to over bearing kind of mellow.
IMG_0818.JPG
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG
so here are a few picks of the snare and what I did. Enjoy the picks.

Last edited:

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interesting. I have one in red glass glitter with nickel hardware - need to see how my wires are mounted (same Pure sounds)....it's a great snare either way! Thanks.

slingerland 59 R/K snare

Reaction score
Interesting. I have one in red glass glitter with nickel hardware - need to see how my wires are mounted (same Pure sounds)....it's a great snare either way! Thanks.
Thanks for the post. It made a difference in the sound because of the leveling of the snares. At one time I was going to sell it. But now It is a keeper.

Latest posts