In need of good, not expensive, floor tom legs/mounts.

nickrobotron

Reaction score
I picked up a really cool and great sounding set of Kansas City Drumworks drums. They're beautiful drums and a piece of KC history so I think I'm going to keep them around. Plus I got them for practically nothing.

The set is 12, 15, 22 with a 13" snare. All shells are virgin and the 12 and 15 have RIMS mounts. I have no problem leaving the 12" this way, but I definitely cannot play a floor tom without legs.

I want to keep this kit alive without ruining whatever value it has. I've never actually modded a drum before, but I want to add legs to the 15". Does anyone have any recommendations on quality hardware without too much of an investment?

Last edited:

El Larry

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pdp mounts and legs are pretty inexpensive. I picked up a set of 3 mounts,and legs on ebay for 50 bucks.

Pimp-a-diddle

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This takes me back! I used to go in to the State Line shop all the time, and Gary was a great guy to do business with. He and Herb were really supportive of me as a youngster and we always had a great time hanging out there. The first custom kit I ever owned came out of that shop and let me tell you, that thing was a Rolls Royce compared to the foreign kits I had been playing up to that time.

There are plenty of good options out there. In fact, I was researching some bass drum mounts when your post hit my inbox. This place has a pretty extensive selection of all the major brands, check it out:

https://drumsonsale.com

Good luck man, and baby that kit; that's history in your hands!

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Gibraltar makes a clamp type bracket that is reasonably priced and also will grip anything between 9.5mm -12.7mm.

Not a minimal investment option but the INDe mounts could be your best choice. The regular version would require drilling holes but there is a new version that allows you to replace lugs with brackets without drilling new holes.

fibes3

Reaction score
I picked up a really cool and great sounding set of Kansas City Drumworks drums. They're beautiful drums and a piece of KC history so I think I'm going to keep them around. Plus I got them for practically nothing.

The set is 12, 15, 22 with a 13" snare. All shells are virgin and the 12 and 15 have RIMS mounts. I have no problem leaving the 12" this way, but I definitely cannot play a floor tom without legs.

I want to keep this kit alive without ruining whatever value it has. I've never actually modded a drum before, but I want to add legs to the 15". Does anyone have any recommendations on quality hardware without too much of an investment?
Nick,
You may want to consider Gauger Percussion's Dynamount system for floor toms.
Not the least inexpensive but they are top notch products.

Old Dog

Reaction score
Check out Ebay. Gibraltar sets of 3, go for around $20. Lots of choices

nickrobotron

Reaction score
This takes me back! I used to go in to the State Line shop all the time, and Gary was a great guy to do business with. He and Herb were really supportive of me as a youngster and we always had a great time hanging out there. The first custom kit I ever owned came out of that shop and let me tell you, that thing was a Rolls Royce compared to the foreign kits I had been playing up to that time.

There are plenty of good options out there. In fact, I was researching some bass drum mounts when your post hit my inbox. This place has a pretty extensive selection of all the major brands, check it out:

https://drumsonsale.com

Good luck man, and baby that kit; that's history in your hands!
Thanks for the help (that goes for everyone). I think I’m going to go with Pearl Masters brackets from that site. I know they’re built well and they are very simple looking. Thanks!

Ron_M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that site. I started this thread for recommendations. Got any?
I bought a few sets of these: Pearl set of 3 w/air suspension feet I'm a fan of those feet, and I like the lighter 9.5mm legs.

I haven't tried the Gibraltar 10.5mm, but they look nice and are inexpensive (I'd add a set of the Pearl A.S. feet).

For leg brackets, I like something lightweight with the wing nut off to the side: Pearl Bracket (for 9.5mm leg), or the Worldmax (for 9.5 or 10.5mm leg)

I've also used these clamping style brackets for tom mounts, and they would work for floor tom legs: Oval Bracket or the Gibraltar (which has gotten much more expensive)

Latest posts