INDe Cymbal Gummies!

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Reaction score
you young guys have come up with two good words.

Ceramic (as in car coating) and
Microfiber (as in cloth that clean)

I don't like an other word microscratches; is too paranoid : )
You're not that old, dude.

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Reaction score
I love what Inde is doing but I will gladly stick with felts, thank you very much. Nothing like having some vulcanized piece of material rubbing against your cymbal for years to leave an eventual sticky, gooey mess to clean up. Felts on the other hand never leave a mess and do the job perfectly. If you really want to get your cymbals to open up, buy a set of flat based stands. They probably cost less than a pair of these gummies and the sound difference is dramatic.
Not knowing what material they're made from or seeing them in action for any amount of time, I think it's a little early to forecast that they'll melt down or leave goo on a cymbal at some point. Knowing how Josh operates, my bet is he chose a material that won't do that.

Last edited:

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not knowing what material they're made from or seeing them in action for any amount of time, I think it's a little early to forecast that they'll melt down or leave goo on a cymbal at some point. Knowing how Josh operates, my bet is he chose a material that won't do that.
Certainly, we dont know what they are made out of, but we know they arent made of felt. What we do know is that they are made of some sort of "firm-ish" material because cymbals arent the lightest things. If they were made of a soft material those little finger-like shapes to minimize contact wouldn't really work because the weight of the cymbal would smoosh them down if not right away but over a series of weeks from having a 2500g cymbal resting on it. And it's likely not a solid material, like a hard piece of plastic, as that could add unnecessary stress to the bell area (which could lead to cracks) or could lead to a strange sonic resonance from a vibrating cymbal bouncing up and down on it. So it's not soft and its not hard, but somewhere in the middle. Something firm-ish and possibly "gummy" like. That seems strange though because they are named "Cymbal Gummies"... oh.... wait....

As I said in my first post, I like what Inde has been doing. Here is a glowing review I gave to them literally on their first day of business: https://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php?threads/chicago-drum-show-best-of-show.131840/

Now with that said, I think regular cymbal felts work great, don't break down in heat, cold or while being stored, they are cheap, easily replaceable and come in all sorts of different sizes. It is a time tested product that just works with no draw backs.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
These look interesting. Years and years ago, maybe 40 or more, some guy made gum rubber washers that were very squishy. I was given a pair for my HiHats and I loved and used them for a number of years. I thought they were great. Hard rubber or stiff foam doesn’t work the same as the gummy. The gummy offers a bit of cushion when the cymbal is played on it.

FlowTom

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 dollar cymbal gummies are just the beginning. Once you have those, you'll need the 400 dollar dark field cable suspension units.

"The most significant advance applied to the DFSS is the dual-band cable-suspension bridge, designed to support any cable, power or signal, while dissipating vibrational energy through the purposefully tensioned polymer bands. The second innovation is the energy-absorbing granular compound that fills the base of the DFSS. This compound formulation absorbs floorborne energy that would otherwise couple to the cable, causing signal degradation."

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I visited a legal dispensary in Massachusetts, gummies have taken on a new meaning for me.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well remember there are already the $65.00 Cymbal Resonance System holders out of Norway. Those are mail order only from what I can tell. But while I get the concept of removing and cushioning a cymbals sound from the stand the difference in sound on YouTube is very minor to my ears. Though if my hearing is not at 100% that is the fault of Van Halen concerts.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well remember there are already the $65.00 Cymbal Resonance System holders out of Norway. Those are mail order only from what I can tell. But while I get the concept of removing and cushioning a cymbals sound from the stand the difference in sound on YouTube is very minor to my ears. Though if my hearing is not at 100% that is the fault of Van Halen concerts.
I think through marketing and maybe brand loyalty, we really want to hear a difference when using a certain product. But often there isn't one, or at least a really discernable one.

I wanted to love Cympads, but in honesty I can't really tell a difference from felt, at least one that matters. But they look pretty!

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think through marketing and maybe brand loyalty, we really want to hear a difference when using a certain product. But often there isn't one, or at least a really discernable one.

I wanted to love Cympads, but in honesty I can't really tell a difference from felt, at least one that matters. But they look pretty!
The Gummies LOOK cool enough for that be the only reason I’d use them, if all else is equal. They’d have to do at least as adequate a job as felt, but to me the “marmalade” @CC Cirillo version already looks like it’ll blend with the cymbal in a retro-future 70’s throwback way.

The price could be nicer. $10 is about where I thought they’d land. 20 is boutique, which maybe they are.

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally, I don't get involved in the price discussions on here.
I figure each company prices their stuff at whatever the heck they do.
We don't really have a say in that.
But this one has me genuinely perplexed.
An Aquarian Cymbal Spring (med) is about 22.00 retail / 10.00 online and in store.
That's a pretty hefty design and a gnarly piece of cymbal isolation.
I have used them on and off for YEARS and years and years.
They work ... very well.
So, apples to apples ... with the assumption being these jellys work very well.
I assume they do, as Josh designed them. The guy has an unbelievable record of success in that department.
They really don't hit that 20 dollar mark for me.
Logic would put them at the 10 dollar mark ... as that is what I'd expect to pay for a very good cymbal isolation schofferschmitz ... which this seems to be.

I have to agree with the comments here ... Josh will most likely need to rethink his price structure.
Obviously we don't have insight into the original cost structure of sourcing and molds and such.
But there has to be a middle ground he can adjust to that would bring these more in line with expectations and standardized market perspectives.
I hope he can.
I'd very much like to buy a dozen or so for my studio ... but not at 20 a pop.
That just doesn't make fiscal sense.