Inde double tom mount

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be me but doesn't it look like it sits two close to the batter head...using the lug holes you can only go so far towards the reso...I'm very tempted but I think I need to see one in the wild (or maybe on video)...

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi, just saw the thread and thought I would give some more info! The new ball-style tilters are certainly a different looking design than many are used to, and the advantages might not be immediately obvious. My goal with this product was to make something ultralight and adjustable, yet incredibly durable and serviceable. It is nearly entirely made from stainless steel (the body of is made from ultra-tough 17-4 Stainless Steel), and made in the USA. It's a simple design that eliminates hinges or pivots, and can easily be disassembled or reassembled if need be, and many of the replacement parts are available at your local hardware store, should the need arise.
Here are some better photos of the single and double version of the tilter, which work with any of our tom holder bases (drill-free rail, rail retrofit, plate mounts). We will continue to offer the gearless tilter/L-arm option as well.
Let me know if you have any questions!
P1030177.JPG

P1030184.JPG

ocgvictoria

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that on this new model you do not need a drum key to make final adjustments.

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
If Josh designed it, you know it's going to be smart, ultra-utilitarian, ultra-functional. He's using USA made Stainless Steel, not crap white pot metal China junk. I can't wait to see it in Chicago. Excelsior!

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
It might be me but doesn't it look like it sits two close to the batter head...using the lug holes you can only go so far towards the reso...I'm very tempted but I think I need to see one in the wild (or maybe on video)...
Not at all. Look where Gretsch puts theirs.

Gretscha.png
Gretschb.png

Last edited:

dingaling

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, just saw the thread and thought I would give some more info! The new ball-style tilters are certainly a different looking design than many are used to, and the advantages might not be immediately obvious. My goal with this product was to make something ultralight and adjustable, yet incredibly durable and serviceable. It is nearly entirely made from stainless steel (the body of is made from ultra-tough 17-4 Stainless Steel), and made in the USA. It's a simple design that eliminates hinges or pivots, and can easily be disassembled or reassembled if need be, and many of the replacement parts are available at your local hardware store, should the need arise.
Here are some better photos of the single and double version of the tilter, which work with any of our tom holder bases (drill-free rail, rail retrofit, plate mounts). We will continue to offer the gearless tilter/L-arm option as well.
View attachment 559115
View attachment 559116
Can’t wait to get one!

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'll nitpick and say that I'd still prefer to see a wing nut in place of drum key height adjust. But I have already bought one in my mind.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the drill-free mount lost a drum key-bit on mine, so I'm not convinced it'll hold together any better with two toms hanging on top. User error? I don't know, but nothing fell off my other bass drum tom mounts, and I've had some for decades.

Even so, I'm probably going to try this mount on a virgin kick and just use blue loctite.

I suggest anyone looking at getting one should measure how high they need their toms up off the kick, like I wish I'd done with the drill-free mount. Compare what you need to what's offered here and then INDe has a parts page to help make it work (if the stock setup isn't going to fit).

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
View attachment 559115
View attachment 559116
Great work! I suspect the ball L diameter will be 10.5mm. Does that sound right? Is the ball diameter 1.5 should one want a 9.5 or 12.7 L? Thanks!

kallen49

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 559115
View attachment 559116
For the past 15 years I've used Yamaha's double mount, (which is actually a triple mount), on my 2 tom kits and on a micro kit to hold a 13" floor tom, ride & china.
A sturdy versatile piece of gear but...it's heavy.

I have an Inde single mount and I will buy this for my 2 tom set up. As described by Josh, it values "function over form"...works for me!

gmiller598

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
View attachment 559115
View attachment 559116
I see on the website this is a 10.5mm L-Arm.

Will this handle the 12mm Ludwig Atlas arms? I've had issues with ball size on some brands trying to mount my toms between Gibraltar, Atlas, and older style Ludwig mounts.

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting one for my Gretsch USA Custom 18”x22”virgin bass drum.

mwalk

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooops, missed this thread.
Sorry to have asked about using a double for 2 GRETSCH toms on new thread