INDe launching a new drum business

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Just another attempt at his relentless efforts to part me from my money. Well, if Josh thinks he can create even MORE amazing drums that look and sound great, with innovative and high-quality hardware, so that I'll eventually break and buy some, well he's got another think coming. I have a focused resolve and tenacious, disciplined control of my drum acquisition habits so the mere offering of the next flavor of the month drum is not going to be able to distract me or entice me to...OMG, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS ROLLED AND RIVETED BRASS PROTOTYPE???!!!
INDe.jpg

<sigh>Well played, sir, well played.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’ve been getting ads for NDE brand paving equipment lately, I assume because I follow INDe.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This looks interesting, for sure .....

I'm also hoping Josh will soon offer a tom/cymbal mount "retrofit" using the BR-3 lug, or at least the "combination" concept of the BR-3 - just the thing for folks with "virgin" bass drums who want to "lighten the load". Another thing I'd like to see: a bass drum spur retrofit, again using the BR-3. This would be ideal for those of us with vintage bass drums that have the crappy little disappearing spurs; no drilling extra holes.

Mike

bfulton

Reaction score

I'm also hoping Josh will soon offer a tom/cymbal mount "retrofit" using the BR-3 lug, or at least the "combination" concept of the BR-3 - just the thing for folks with "virgin" bass drums who want to "lighten the load". Another thing I'd like to see: a bass drum spur retrofit, again using the BR-3. This would be ideal for those of us with vintage bass drums that have the crappy little disappearing spurs; no drilling extra holes.

Mike
There was a prototype at the shop when I picked up my kit. Josh said he hopes to have it ready by the end of the year.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score

Mike
He's doing spurs already with BR-1 or 2, I'm sure you could ask about using them with the 3 instead.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Plus you can already put any existing rod-type spur or cymbal arm in the BR-3, so I can understand why Josh might not be in a big hurry to make his own.

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
I support Josh 100% in his new venture but I don't see why he can't do all this under the INDe brand name. I'd be just as into checking out the new products if they were INDe.
Here’s my reasoning on this- INDe has always been based on more traditional ideas- they are timeless and beautiful drums made as efficiently as possible. The goal was always to make drums similar to what people are used to, but with better design and acoustics, and affordably priced. On the other hand, I like to design and invent new stuff, and this is an opportunity to make drums that are a bit more unique. I really wanted to focus on making as much as possible locally, with a different look and sound than anything else. It’s more of a creative outlet, and an opportunity to experiment. I felt like that didn’t really fit with the mission of INDe, so I started GLDC. Both are fully owned and operated by me. INDe will continue to make new drums, and innovative hardware pieces (lots of stuff in the works), and GLDC will start producing some unique metal drums in the next few months!

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score

Mike
Both of these ideas are in the works! Spurs hopefully by the end of this year, Tom mount is probably early next year.

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here’s my reasoning on this- INDe has always been based on more traditional ideas- they are timeless and beautiful drums made as efficiently as possible. The goal was always to make drums similar to what people are used to, but with better design and acoustics, and affordably priced. On the other hand, I like to design and invent new stuff, and this is an opportunity to make drums that are a bit more unique. I really wanted to focus on making as much as possible locally, with a different look and sound than anything else. It’s more of a creative outlet, and an opportunity to experiment. I felt like that didn’t really fit with the mission of INDe, so I started GLDC. Both are fully owned and operated by me. INDe will continue to make new drums, and innovative hardware pieces (lots of stuff in the works), and GLDC will start producing some unique metal drums in the next few months!
I'm REAL interested in a copper or brass Great Lakes snare drum. I think that the prototype shell, strainer and lugs are stunning.

I'm guessing that I need to start saving now.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Didn’t someone start a thread a while ago about not liking the INDe name... so he caved.

Latest posts