INDe Mounts and the Power They Yield Over the Sphincter

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I did the deed long ago after getting some guidance from Josh on his thoughts on the vertical placement of the INDe mounts. It was easy and the results were outstanding I am not a handy person.
I feel even better now. I defiled these tubs long ago by putting a tom mount on the virgin 18 bass, amongst other things. The purists will not be pleased but I think I will be. Thanks for the extra shot!

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
i have a 12'' camco tom , it had a ludwig mount on it .... i took it off and installed a rims mount .... i'm liking the looks of that tom holder . now ... which one should i get ? this one , or the br3?

Attachments

Last edited:

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
i have a 12'' camco tom , it had a ludwig mount on it .... i took it off and installed a rims mount .... i'm liking the looks of that tom holder . now ... which one should i get ? this one , or the br3?
If you already have mounting holes, use the BR2 - more available flex, adjustable, presumably better isolation. The BR3 is nice if no-drill is an absolute constraint, but not the optimal solution for tom mounting (much stiffer). In fact, based on my interactions with INDe/Josh, the recommendation is the BR2 even for new builds.

Reactions: bob

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks for the great reviews and comments! As others have said, the BR2 is the best solution for mounting toms- the BR3's are a good option if you are not willing/able to drill (they don't have the spring adjustment, which is a nice feature for dialing in toms). The sweet spot for the BR3 is accessory mounting, adding legs to floor toms, or temporary/non-invasive installation on tom mounts. For those looking to drill, here is a .pdf on how to do it safely and easily!

Attachments

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The quote option seems to have disappeared on me? To address Mcjnic's comment:

"I don't like the way the RIMMs "hug" the tom ... they are never perfectly formed and when I try to manually "fit" the arc to the tom, it is never perfect ... drives me insane."

This is true with most rims-style mounts, the Gauger mounts being the exception. They can be adjusted to properly fit the drum without any binding. I used these for years, worth the extra money if you like a RIMs style mount.

I fell out of love with RIMs for some of the reasons cited, and now just use standard mounts. My intention was to replace them with Inde mounts, once they were released, but never got around to it. I'm happy with sound as-is. Maybe my ears aren't as picky as they used to be. Suits me fine :)

Yes. I actually had a full set of Gauger RIMMs ... great look ... similar and same issues. I gave them away with one of my kits.
Beautiful construction. Excellent engineering behind them. Just didn’t hit those check boxes for me.

B8C9F263-4E2F-47C3-8280-04D13365222E.jpeg

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
thanks for the advice fellows ..... i just ordered the , br2 from , daves drum shop in ottawa

Last edited:

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
C294D45B-E327-430A-BF59-1FE45CEF168C.jpeg
Thanks for the great reviews and comments! As others have said, the BR2 is the best solution for mounting toms- the BR3's are a good option if you are not willing/able to drill (they don't have the spring adjustment, which is a nice feature for dialing in toms). The sweet spot for the BR3 is accessory mounting, adding legs to floor toms, or temporary/non-invasive installation on tom mounts. For those looking to drill, here is a .pdf on how to do it safely and easily!
Hey Josh. I have hit a small road block. Once the memory clamp is secured to my l arms and ft legs, the threads protrude enough to impede them from sliding into the mount easily. Do you offer a shorter screw for the memory clamp?

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've always liked those Legend drums! Just curious... Why did you ditch the suspension mounts that came on them?
Because they weren’t actually suspension mounts. It’s a heavy plate that formed a bridge between 2 lugs with no give at all. So it’s just as stiff as a regular mount.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
mine just arrived .... i just finished installing it on my 12'' camco tom
this mount works great , i'm really loving it ....
Those INDe mounts look very natural on the Camco's! Wow. Seriously good.

Reactions: bob

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
You can also mount the RIMS upside down on the bottom lugs. That allows you to get two toms much closer together. And also frees up the top rim for a clip-on mic, if needed. Also great for when you need to change your batter head.

View attachment 381753
When you use the suspension mount (only Gauger makes real R.I.M.S.) on the bottom, you defeat the purpose of that mount. The weight of the drum is now resting on itself; the drum is no longer suspended and will not resonate like a drum that is suspended.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
The deed is done. I think the INDe mounts complement the retro-futuristic Legend lugs very nicely and they weigh half as much as the original overkill mounts. It’s time to set em up and tweak. :)View attachment 382616View attachment 382617
Oh man Squid I would love to check those drums out. I recently sold a legend snare to a fellow forumite but I've never seen or heard an entire Legend set in person.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh man Squid I would love to check those drums out. I recently sold a legend snare to a fellow forumite but I've never seen or heard an entire Legend set in person.
Will post pics when complete. Josh is sending me some shorter screws to work with the small diameter hardware I have.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Would've stuck that memriloc in the vice and ground the screw flush w ma dee walt belt sander. Not to worry I would cover the end with blue tape so I didn't butcher the chrome.
That's how we Woodshop Cowboys do it yeehaw!!

C294D45B-E327-430A-BF59-1FE45CEF168C.jpeg.jpg

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Great job! Personally, I would’ve used the BR3 (which works great BTW) just because I wouldn’t trust myself with the drilling of a NC. And believe me, I’m the first to pull out the drill. Hell, I drilled my JM virgin 24” bass drum yesterday and installed a Gretsch bass drum mount.

Well done!

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
i'm really diggin these mounts .... i just ordered another one for my 13'' rogers tom
from daves drum shop in , ottawa