Inde ResoArmour - what happened?

44Ronin

Reaction score
I thought these finishes are way beyond cool!

Can't find anything about it on the site anymore, what gives?

Last edited:

"poppies"

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You're misspelling it maybe? No "u" in the name. Man, what a great finish option. I adore mine.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The finishes were great butI remember a few years back, I was really into Inde and considerng buying a kit but was deadset on having a "wrap" look. I was quite shocked upon spec'ing a kit to see the price almost double with reso-armor...
I'm way more into their alu Wayfarers now anyway...

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The price point was super rough. It took a Keller maple shell way out of reasonable territory. However, the finish seemed profoundly good and beautiful. Plus they have kick ass hardware. It would for sure be an excellent drum set to own, but when I priced one out at $2900 for a 3-piece, I had to re-think. I guess I'm still thinking...

44Ronin

Reaction score
The finishes were great butI remember a few years back, I was really into Inde and considerng buying a kit but was deadset on having a "wrap" look. I was quite shocked upon spec'ing a kit to see the price almost double with reso-armor...
I'm way more into their alu Wayfarers now anyway...

Indeed, I need the wrap look.

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So..... I have a RESOArmor kit and it is indeed wonderful and also sounds amazing but I contacted Josh about this very thing a few weeks back and it was mainly due to cost and the amount of work in the process. If you were "around" when INDe came to be, one of Josh's things was he wanted his stuff to be amazing and relatively affordable. I'm not quoting him but I'm sure he'll jump on here eventually and confirm that it was mainly a cost issue.

I will say that INDe diving into painted finishes and faded stains has been really great. I agree RESO was super cool and I am one of the people willing to pay for it but you can't blame a business for sticking to their guns and doing what they have to do. The aluminum shells are VERY cool. They are on my short list of future drum purchases for sure.

"poppies"

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man, what a bummer. I suppose ya gotta appreciate the commitment to a specific vision.

robthedrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Inde Kalamazoo drums sound SO good and are SO light, that before long, we will all have the same set, lol. Josh needs to figure out how to introduce patinas or color to the aluminum shells so we don't all look the same!

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I also noticed no Resoarmour on the site, too bad thought it was a great finish, maybe Josh can bring it
back on a custom basis, if it costs XYZ dollars so be it, still have the wayfarer kits ( I dig mine)
and the other drums, snares and hardware.