INDe snare drum strainer

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who suggested the INDe snare drum strainer when I asked for recommendations. I installed it on Saturday then used that snare for a five hour rehearsal yesterday. It did a phenomenal job, was easy to install, and easy to adjust to my liking. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I really like mine as well. Very smart, light, and functional. Everything that makes sense.

What It Is

Reaction score
Picked one up from Josh at the Chicago Drum Show and I love it. Going to get more, as well as a few tom mounts.

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great strainer design. I put one on a drum I haven't been playing much lately though unfortunately-- I need to get one on my Black Beauty.

IMG_0113.JPG

As much as I like the INDe strainer, I may like the tom mount even more. To my ears the sound is just as open and full as when I had this drum on a RIMS and aesthetically it's miles ahead.

IMG_0054.JPG

Ptrick

Reaction score
I love the inde strainer, and it’s all I’ve been putting on new drums.

I do wish he made the hole spacing starting from 7/8” instead of 1 inch so it would cleanly retrofit the hole spacing of Trick/Dunnett/Nickelworks. I have a ton of snares with one of those strainers that i’d replace in a heartbeat.

Also, a retrofit butt plate with 7/8 horizontal holes to fit the same.

Maybe they are listening....

Ptrick

Reaction score
Well, sent Josh an email, and he let me know it will work with a 7/8” hole spacing, just without vertical adjustment. That’s great. I’ll be replacing some of my other strainers.

Also, a universal/retrofit butt is in the works!!

Love what this company is doing.

thejohnlec

Reaction score
That throw off is top shelf all the way - simple, functional, smart design. Inde is absolutely killing it.