Inde strainer - Dunnett upgrade

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Love the Inde strainer. Put one on my restored Ludwig NOB and replaced the bulky Dunnett strainer on one of my fav metal snares; the Dunnett 2N stainless. It protrudes 20mm less than the Dunnett and is a lot lighter. Heaven!

7DFB36C7-9B61-4CD7-8E95-286FF519014C.jpeg

A56C6A3F-8372-4571-8310-D9A754127F3F.jpeg

3D37A150-74E4-4EFE-BFAE-FA0BC01F2EA0.jpeg

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've got them on two snares and I love them. Simple, lightweight, elegant and smooth as silk.

Buffalo_drummer

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing with my C&C snare. I don't care for the bulky Dunnett at all. Gland to hear the INDE fits with no modifications.

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
The INDe strainer is great-- I did the same on my 20's Ludwig NOB. Some day I'll get another one or two for my other favorite snares. But it was especially a no brainer to replace the original p-338 on this one which backed off or turned off altogether under harder playing.

IMG_0113.JPG

drummertom

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have to see if I can get one of those on my Oriollo Mangana.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice - I assume the hole spacing is adjustable. I may have to grab one.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Huge fan! I may be replacing the ones I can. First to check, my Phantom65.

cornelius

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That strainer looks great on a Dunnett - I should have put one on mine. Recently I was looking to get an Inde strainer for my Keplinger, but the hole size wouldn't work (Josh from Inde verified - he was great to deal with) - I ended up putting a Dunnett on the Kep, because it did fit, but I should have put the Inde on my Dunnett and moved the Dunnett over to my other drum.

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The guy who runs the local drum shop used the Inde to replace the faulty stock Ludwig throw-off on a used Blacro I bought on ebay (seller was careful not to mention any issue with the throw off). Took him just a few minutes and it's been working like a charm for over a year now. Big +1 on the Inde.

happyshump

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I want to put one on my Eric Hernandez snare but it won't fit unfortunately. Otherwise yes, well designed strainer.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I thought my ears were playing tricks with me since at first I thought the drum became more sensitive and gained more body after I switched to the Inde strainer. New strainer honeymoon I thought.

After gigging the drum which I know very well (one of my fav’s) I realised it’s a fact; it actually IS more sensitive and overall more lively and has more body.

Maybe it makes sence; the old strainer is extremely heavy and bulky and the Inde is very light and neat. It appears to affect the sound more than I realised.

Last edited: