Inde WāFARER kits!

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to start a thread about them, but nobody has. What does everybody think?

I am super curious about the riveted aluminum toms and bass drums. Anybody played them yet?
And the thin maple ones look just as exciting. I love shallow drums, so these are right up my alley.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As a INDe owner and fan, I dig them as options for others, but they are a little to small for me I'm afraid. I have my favorite sizes and these just shrink a little too far below those to appeal to me. As for the aluminum, I am simply not a fan of the rolled and riveted.

So while I dont knock them at all (as they will surly appeal to many), they are just not my cup of tea so a hard pass for me personally.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As a INDe owner and fan, I dig them as options for others, but they are a little to small for me I'm afraid. I have my favorite sizes and these just shrink a little too far below those to appeal to me. As for the aluminum, I am simply not a fan of the rolled and riveted.

So while I dont knock them at all (as they will surly appeal to many), they are just not my cup of tea so a hard pass for me personally.
You don't think you might have a need for a compact kit with all of the punch of your existing kit?

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You don't think you might have a need for a compact kit with all of the punch of your existing kit?
Nope, I have a Montineri bop kit with a 14X18, 8X12 and 14X14 and that is as small as I enjoy playing. I thought about having Josh build me a couple more drums (14X20" and 14X18" kicks and a 9X13" tom) to round out my current 5 INDe's into a nice shell bank, but the individual prices were just more than I was willing to spend on a boutique brand with no resale vale.

But again, I stand on my orgional reply. D.B. asked for responses to the new series and they just have no appeal to me. Nothing wrong with them, I'm just not interested.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’m interested in the sizes, especially for metal shells, that aspect could be right up my alley. But I tried one of the Kalamazoo riveted aluminum snares at Revival, and I was not a fan. I think that system of shell construction (wavy pattern riveted to a thick backing plate) is not ready for prime time. Hopefully his next design iteration will hit the mark.

But I would like to try the wood shell version!

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
If I were looking to buy a shallow set, then a wood version of Wafarers would be one of the ones I would take very seriously. I currently have a small shell bank of INDe maple drums in traditional depths, so I know Josh puts out a good product.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m a sucker for compact kits, so these are definitely on my radar. I especially like that 15” floor with the bigger 20” kit.

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’d love to check one out. Shameless plug - I’m selling a Tama Neo Mod in similar sizes to these for $480 shipped in the For sale forum.

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
I thought the aluminum sounded good on the promo, the wood maybe a little flat. Of course that could be any number of things, heads, tuning, mic, mix, etc. I guess the wood sounded a little shallow. The aluminum sounded deeper than they look, which is a good thing.

I haven’t had a chance to play any metal drums with the “zipper” style seam, but it’s a cool look. I’d just have to play them to get a feel for what they can do. The Great Lakes stuff he’s making is gorgeous, and the ‘infinite snare bed’ looks like an interesting development too. Like the Wafarer or not, there’s always something interesting coming from INDe.

Latest posts