Inde Wayfarer Aluminum set thoughts?

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok. Who out there has an aluminum Inde Wayfarer set? What do you think?

I'd like one for taking to practice and gigs. They should be easy to pack from the garage to the truck to the gig and back again and not be fussy about weather conditions.

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, both kits were cool. Love that Alum one, though. I wonder if Josh makes them in-house?

Just checked out their site. They even offer a 22x10, 16x10 and 13x6 configuration. Cool!

Last edited:

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, both kits were cool. Love that Alum one, though. I wonder if Josh makes them in-house?

Just checked out their site. They even offer a 22x10, 16x10 and 13x6 configuration. Cool!
I think he builds them in house, which is really cool!

The price has jumped up a bit since they were first introduced though. But then again I guess everything has.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, it's amazing how great those sound super low. And the maple sounded nice at bop tuning also.

Plus, I like the way this guy reviews stuff.

JimmySticks

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to rain on the parade, but the aluminum kit sounded a bit dead to me. Could be the drum heads, or the flat edges, the shell depth or the aluminum shells themselves. Maybe a combination. Good for rock I guess.

The maple seemed more lively in comparison.

Halfogregabriel

Reaction score
I happily own one in the 20,12,15 size and I love it! I was very surprised by how big the bass drum sounds. I'm 6'2 so smaller kits I've never been really into but I was at the Music city drum show this year and was blown away with what I was hearing so I had to bring a set home with me. I did change the heads out but other than that everything was great and Josh makes wonderful drums especially for the price.