header.nohb.html

Inde Wayfarer Aluminum stage projection question from other threads.

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got the question; “How well did the drums project and sound to you onstage compared to your wood shells?” on another thread so rather than hijack thought I would do this.

So here is the kit, Inde Wayfarer Kalamazoo Aluminum. 13/16/22x14
561C43B3-360B-417B-B534-AB3D87B79085.jpeg
03FD1A71-FBA2-4641-8E5B-170718284D13.jpeg
You can see my camera on its tripod sitting atop the cab of the truck (the cab is the front of house booth)
Snare is my Inde Bronze Kalamazoo 14x8.

Video below is not mixed, no editing. Sound is straight from the camera (so not quite as full as being in the room, but you get the idea).

As for projection and cutting through the mix, you make the call.

I chose a song that has lots of tom stuff happening, not necessarily our best song or one I’m trying to promote or garner anything, just the most toms-per-measure of our set.

What’s your call on the aluminum drums in a mix in this average bar/venue without any special mic or recording?

Best with headphones as always.

rsmittee

Reaction score
Agree! Sounds great! Bass drum has a nice thump, and that snare is glorious. The tune showcases the toms nicely also. Well played!

groovemastergreg

Reaction score
I’m so glad I just got one of these exact kits in 13/16/22. Have not played out with them. They sound great, and echoing Houndog, you da man. Liked the drumming as well as the kit sound. I’m reallly liking mine! They sound really good, dude!

groovemastergreg

Reaction score
Now I gotta get the snare.

Edit: I added the Gauger 13” alloy rim and 16” alloy floor Tom cradle to the kit, and if you think they sound great stock, whoa baby with the Gaugers. The rims add a bit of weight and girth but when I order my beato bags he can account for that. I’ve got to get some Tom legs this week that are 3” longer to get my floor up to my standard height but it’s totally worth it.

Last edited:

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered an INDe kit with two rack toms? And tried mounting them on the kick?

Plaid Sabbath

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kit sounds really good. Haven’t gigged my Wayfarer kit yet, but I’ve played a few jams and rehearsals with it. No problems at all with volume and projection.

That’s a great tune for showcasing the toms. Nice full sound. Looked like a decent sized room for that gig. Your kit sat very nicely in the mix. Thanks for sharing this vid. Very cool to see/hear those INDes out in the wild.

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Now I gotta get the snare.

Edit: I added the Gauger 13” alloy rim and 16” alloy floor Tom cradle to the kit, and if you think they sound great stock, whoa baby with the Gaugers. The rims add a bit of weight and girth but when I order my beato bags he can account for that. I’ve got to get some Tom legs this week that are 3” longer to get my floor up to my standard height but it’s totally worth it.
I've had my alum 22/16/13 WaFarer kit for a while now, used it live more than 30 times now, works great. I also added a Gauger RIM's mount to the 13". It sings like crazy. RE: Beato bags. I gotta get Fred to make some bags for this kit. Keep putting that off. I love this kit; so fun to play, amazing to gig with, light, sounds big, looks great, etc. I want to add a 10" and a 24" bass drum soon.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had my alum 22/16/13 WaFarer kit for a while now, used it live more than 30 times now, works great. I also added a Gauger RIM's mount to the 13". It sings like crazy. RE: Beato bags. I gotta get Fred to make some bags for this kit. Keep putting that off. I love this kit; so fun to play, amazing to gig with, light, sounds big, looks great, etc. I want to add a 10" and a 24" bass drum soon.

As cool as Indes Tom mounts are , nothing beats Gauger RIMS ..
What are we going to do when they run out ??

groovemastergreg

Reaction score
This is true. I ordered my Gauger 13 and 16 FT mount as I gathered the legs on the 16 have a bit of sway in them. The Gauger with Gibraltar mounts reduces this greatly. Gonna try steel legs to eliminate.

I’ll add the Inde mounts are great and solid but again, I thought I’d try the Gibraltar since the rims cradle already adds significantly to the diameter and the Inde mounts have one very large protruding handle for tightening the mount. The gibraltar mounts are way lower profile.

Last edited:

cdrummer

Reaction score
Really!? I found the Inde tom/floor tom brackets very resonant without all of the extra hardware of RIMS mounts. I did use the Pearl feet on the floor toms legs, though