Inexpensive but quality hi-hat stands?

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need another stand, but don't need anything fancy. Is the Gibraltar 5707 a quiet, smooth, and reliable choice? The price is right, and seems to be well reviewed, but what do you guys think?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for the salary discontinued Gibraltar JZ series Liquidglide hihats . They were a bargain when new and such a smooth and quick hihat . Single braced and really nice . They come up fairly often for low dough .

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have The Gibraltar stand you asked about and I love it.I have digged it to death for the last 5 or 6 years, Its easy to set up Quiet and smooth as silk. I highly recommend it.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, everyone will share their favorite, and in my case it happens to be your original question. I have 3 or 4 Gibraltar Hi Hat stands including the 5707 and for $60, its a winner for sure!

Downbeat

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a Jacques Capelle for years and loved it. Unfortunately it was lost in a fire so I’ve been using a DW 7000 triple leg ever since. The DW is nice and quiet.

Last edited:

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I used a Jacques Capelle for years and loved it. Unfortunately it was last in a fire so I’ve been using a DW 5000 triple leg ever since. The DW is nice and quiet.
I still use my Promark (Capelle). It's fantastic!

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love the 90s Pearl stands. They got junkier later, but mine are still taking a beating with grace.

rpludwig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
have a Gibralter 8707 direct pull flat base on order, good reviews, will report back...similar design to my old slingy and camco flat based stands...

fusseltier

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though I have a tama star drum set, I use a pearl h1050 red line hihat stand and pearl eliminator 3002c dual chain double pedal. the pearl hihat stand blew away the top of the line tama stand I had so I sold it and stuck with the pearl h1050.

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Years ago I purchased a Tama Level Glide, two leg design. I really believe over the years I have saved money without having buy two or three less expensive stands.

Just a thought,
sherm

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I use the Tama classic. Smooth and can be adjusted very low to very high. Not for the heavy handed though.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up with the Gibraltar 5707 based on the confirmation here, and it worked out great! Extremely light weight for a double braced stand, very smooth and quiet, and a strong spring; no problem at all with my 16" hats. Well worth $60.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably too late but Drumming Deals just listed a light weight Tama Iron Cobra hat stand for $65 this morning.