Inexpensive drums, but are they cheap, help identify

Reaction score
If done crazy bit of searching over last couple of days and have a message sent to pdp. But even with all the numerous PDP posts, I cant identify what model of set I saw the other day.
The finish is Black Lacquer. Badge just says Pacific, no model, with 3 stars on each end of badge with by Drum Workshop made in Taiwan on bottom. All toms including floor are suspended. Any idea of the year and if these are f,L or c series or what they are made of?

chollyred

Reaction score
Series prior to the CX/LX//MX series. Made of birch (and maybe something else). Late 1990s / early 2000s. Speculation is that the shells were made by the same factory that made some Tama and others, but had hardware quality issues.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Those are some of the earliest Pacific drums right after DW got involved and changed the lug design. This is before they became known as PDP. I've seen a few of these kits and their predecessors over the years. Basic budget/entry level shells and hardware. Not bad, but the basically the same as most of the Taiwan made kits of that era. OK if they are cheap enough.