Info. on Canadian Zildjian K needed

vintagedrumjunky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I aquired a 20" hand hammered Zildjian K made in Canada today. This cymbal is very nice, weighing in at roughly 2100 grams. It has a big K stamped on the underside. Can anyone drop me a little info. on this cymbal, ie.. when they were made, value etc.? Thank you for your time, Vince.

R

RickP

I owned one of these that I purchased new in 1979. These cymbals were made in the Meductic Zildjian factory in New Brunswick. This factory became the Sabian factory after the split. My 20 " ride was purchased new for $70.00 Canadian.
This was Zildjian's first K offering after reclaiming the K Zildjian and A Zildjian and Cie trademarks from Gretsch.
These were very well made albeit very unique sounding cymbals as all Zildjians are.
The cymbal I owned was quite dark with a lot of dark wash that overcame the stick definition when played loudly with wood tip sticks.I preferred to use nylon tip sticks with this cymbal.

premierplayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
In 1975, Zildjian began making K. Zildjian cymbals at the Azco plant. This was an interesting time for the Zildjian clan because it was the first time that K. Zildjian Istanbul and the Avedis Zildjian Company had worked together to make the same Zildjian cymbals after years of competing with each other. These were made until 1979.