Interesting drum

wackjob

Reaction score
Seen this on ebay. LOOK HERE

No idea what size it is but it has an emperor bass head on and 10 tuning lugs.

Anyone know what lugs they are or the claws ?

Listed as "Remo drum". Don't ya just love them listings

Stu

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's a marching bass drum of some sort; possibly Premier maybe. Looks like an 18".

wackjob

Reaction score
That's a marching bass drum of some sort; possibly Premier maybe. Looks like an 18".
Hey. I just noticed it has no spurs so you are right about the marching.

An 18" with 10 tuning lugs is not something i have seen before. The description says it was made for a movie and only used for that. It looks cool (IMO) and worth a go at £20 ($26) start price. I could use it as a floor tom if it sounds ok ?

I currently use my 20" kick with the spurs and the tom post socket removed. The drum moves around a little when in use but does not seem to creep so i left it like that.

Stu

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
even if you don't like it...suspect you could part it out and break even

wackjob

Reaction score

Man, i love this drum. Don't care how it sounds i just want it. Searched google for these images and no results came back. 10 lugs on a 18" bass is pretty unique i think. No idea who made it - seller thought it was made by Remo (ha ha ha). I like the full length lugs so you can put a different colour between each segment.

It's in unused condition and all for about $26 plus postage. If both heads are emperor's then we are laughing. Don't know why it has so many air vents though ?

Stu

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
vent wholes might have had eye hooks or drilled for them...if it was meant to be marched with.

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
Lugs are Yamaha, claws aren't. Splay suggests a frankenstein situation - I like it too.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...and today's Grrrand prize winner is?....:occasion7:FLoYD z KING!!!! :occasion7: :occasion5:

My guess is the drum is DIY from various parts bought off internet sources.

wackjob

Reaction score
Lugs are Yamaha, claws aren't. Splay suggests a frankenstein situation - I like it too.
Thanks for the info. Do you know which model of Yamaha they are from ? I looked at some 9000 recording custom and whilst they are similar i don't think it is them.

A proper frankendrum :wav:

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
I think the lugs are from a little further down the line. They look like the long lugs used on older Stage Custom sets and they may have also appeared on marchers from that period. I agree that they aren't the RC lugs, am guessing they are the 3-piece lookalikes.

Latest posts