Internal Server Errors

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
I frequently get the following message after clicking on a particular forum (General, Vintage, etc.)or a topic within a forum:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@drumforum.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.drumforum.org Port 80

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
I'm aware of the issue. Just haven't had time to troubleshoot. The server is just restarting the HTTP services periodically. Not sure why but the error shouldn't last more than a few minutes. Thanks for pointing it out though.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
yep, i'm getting it about 5 times a day it seems. its not so bad except when i type a detailed response to someones post,hit the reply button and it is all sent into drum forum lost land..but,like eck mentioned, usually in a few minutes the forum is back up.

even though i'm sorry that we are having problems, i'm relieved to hear that its not just me. i was starting to wonder...

mike

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
Can't get on most days, maybe two out of seven. If the home page comes up, then I get the error when I try to access one of the forums. Doesn't seem to be any particular day or time. Anything you can do to fix that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
I didn't know 2 out of 7 was most :poke:

It's obviously a known issue with the software and as soon as we migrate to the new version these issues should go away. It's all ready to go except for our skin which should be done this week.

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
Haven't had the problem in over a week - looks like you fixed it. Thanks dude.

:occasion5:

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
Oops, guess I spoke too soon. I'm getting them again this morning. I'll just hang loose till you get it fixed, and I know you will.

Bongo Congo

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm getting both "Internal Server Error" and "Network Timeout ~ server taking too long to respond" more and more frequently. Couldn't post for an hour last night, wrote a post this morning and couldn't post that, either. This is happening about 50% of the time, now.

Kinda frustrating. I'm not going to bitch about it, I know it's a tough fix.... but I am going to quit trying at some point.
:-D

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
this is from ecks earlier reply:

"It's obviously a known issue with the software and as soon as we migrate to the new version these issues should go away. It's all ready to go except for our skin which should be done this week. "

we have not moved to the new version yet. its a timing issue. hang in there with us until we get it resolved.its coming.

mike

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Yes, what Mike said (that I said).

Going to try and update the site this weekend and we'll see what happens.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Still happened this morning to me (Tuesday) but working fine tonight, so maybe you got it fixed... PITA isn't it???

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Yes, they are still happening. I get an email everytime it happens so I am aware. Now that the upgrade is done and that hasn't fixed it on to the next thing. Opening tickets with IPB and our host to try and figure out. They seem less frequent but still there nonetheless.

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score
I was getting them like crazy the first day and now they seem to have stopped (knock wood)

I knew you guys would sort it out..

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was hoping that these might be less frequent when I got my new computer with Windows 7 but it doesn't seem make any difference.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Happens here too. I get up and do something like vacuum and everything's OK when I get back. No big deal ECK . Thanks for everything. Benny K

Latest posts