Interstate Music to launch this Sunday 11/22/20

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I will be interested to see what products they can get, given that they owed (owe) many many suppliers money for product delivered.

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.
Just took a look at site. I see they do not carry a lot of product from before, but I guess it’s a start. No Remo or Aquarian heads, just Evans. I use to get most of my product from them. Wish them the best anyway. Tough times.

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish they had launched with a more robust drum-related selection, but I'm guessing they're building inventory as fast as they can under the circumstances. Wishing them the best.

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just took a look at site. I see they do not carry a lot of product from before, but I guess it’s a start. No Remo or Aquarian heads, just Evans. I use to get most of my product from them. Wish them the best anyway. Tough times.
What site? Facebook? Linkedin?

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they're building inventory as fast as they can under the circumstances.
I don't see it that way. They've had plenty of time to stock up. My guess is that companies want to be paid for outstanding balances before supplying them any more gear.

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oy! Not pretty! I guess I shouldn’t be hopeful that they’ll resume publishing their famous percussion catalog any time soon.

When I tried to go to the website in my browser all I got were 3rd party websites.

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't see it that way. They've had plenty of time to stock up. My guess is that companies want to be paid for outstanding balances before supplying them any more gear.
They’ve had plenty of time for that, too! Not hopeful!

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to be positive. Yes I would have thought they would have a bigger inventory before their big opening event. It makes me think maybe they had actually expected to be better stocked by now. Hopefully it's a temporary inventory delay, but only time will tell. It'll take a lot to overcome first impressions at any rate - that's just reality. I'm sincere in wishing them success.

pgm554

Reaction score
I've bought a couple grands worth of stuff over the years from them with good deals.
The government shutting then down was an over reaction to say the least.
Lots of places not opening back at all.
With that said ,most stores are down in inventory these days.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've bought a couple grands worth of stuff over the years from them with good deals.
The government shutting then down was an over reaction to say the least.
Lots of places not opening back at all.
With that said ,most stores are down in inventory these days.
The shutdown had nothing to do with it. They were already on life support and had publicly stated they would go out of business in a month if they couldn't find a buyer. There is a thread about it here on DFO. The shutdown certainly didn't help but they were already in a death spiral before the pandemic. Sadly they only buyer they could find is the one who bought them and so far it looks like whatever they recreate will be nothing even remotely like the old Interstate Music.

Last edited:

MusicianMagic

Reaction score
Something smells a little bit with the website. Every item I looked at showed as having sold at least one of them. One showed 9 sold (in just over a day?) but I know its not a popular item at all. Not even a stocking item at GC stores & they keep only a few in the GC/MF warehouse.
Also each category like electric guitars has 3 or less brands. Some in guitars, a store is required to stock more models than on this website. Wondering if another dealer is drop-shipping for them.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Something smells a little bit with the website. Every item I looked at showed as having sold at least one of them. One showed 9 sold (in just over a day?) but I know its not a popular item at all. Not even a stocking item at GC stores & they keep only a few in the GC/MF warehouse.
Also each category like electric guitars has 3 or less brands. Some in guitars, a store is required to stock more models than on this website. Wondering if another dealer is drop-shipping for them.
Maybe Ryan Howard from The Office is in charge of their web site...