Introducing myself to the forum...

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm Curtis Miller. I just got here.
I have played drums for a long time. Now I'm an old man, but drums are still a hobby.
I was never a rock star, but I partied like one!
Now I play at low volume, and I play all kinds of music.
I have a YouTube show (who doesn't) called Drummers & Dragons, so I used that instead of Curtis Miller.
I look forward to talking about drums with everyone.
That's all for now I guess.
Thanks.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
Welcome, Curtis! Pull up a throne and join the party. The first question everyone will ask you is, “What drums and cymbals do you play?” Followed by “traditional or matched grip?”, which is an on-going semi-humorous endless thread here. Glad ya found us.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Welcome, but if you are an old man, you may be too old for this site. You see, we are mostly in our late 20's, super fit with lots of thick hair...and we typically date supermodels as well... :headbang:

:lol:

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
Welcome, Curtis! Pull up a throne and join the party. The first question everyone will ask you is, “What drums and cymbals do you play?” Followed by “traditional or matched grip?”, which is an on-going semi-humorous endless thread here. Glad ya found us.
Cool! Thank you.
Well... My drums are custom, but likely not what springs to mind for most.
I use parts from manufactured drums for some, and some have no traditional parts at all.
So... Frankenstein drums?
For cymbals, I have no product loyalty. I use everything I can get my hands on.
I love the warmth of old Zildjians, the bright, glassy Sabians, as well as Stag, Meinl, Wuhan, Hammerax you name it.
I'm self taught, so I play matched grip mostly.
I can play traditional grip too, but my bad habits were formed long before I developed traditional grip, and I stick with what feels normal and natural to me personally.
My left hand looks like something in-between when I play. Not much of a left-hander though.
How about yourself?

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
Welcome, but if you are an old man, you may be too old for this site. You see, we are mostly in our late 20's, super fit with lots of thick hair...and we typically date supermodels as well... :headbang:

:lol:
Thanks xsabers!
Ah... To be 20 again. Youth is wasted on the young.

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
Welcome. This is a great place to hang out. A lot of people with a vast amount of knowledge. I'm constantly learning things here.
Thanks DrumWhipper! I look forward to it and to learning things. What is one thing you learned?

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks DrumWhipper! I look forward to it and to learning things. What is one thing you learned?
I learned that Bun E Carlos posts here and is very quick to jump in and help others out with advice, thoughts on things, etc. It's super cool to have someone of his caliber here and willing to share his knowledge with others.

Latest posts