Introducing myself to the forum...

Marquisjohnson22

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to the mix! Here's some newbie advice; the best way to fit in is to agree that Ludwig reigns supreme unless you're talking about Inde, an Acro is a must have for every drummer, "Black Beauty or a Supra" is the only answer to any "which snare" post, Ringo is typically untouchable, Peart is the G.O.A.T., and that most young "choppers" are always just "overplaying" with no dynamics or structure... I think it is still ok to say that Lars sucks tho.:icon_lol:

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
Welcome to the mix! Here's some newbie advice; the best way to fit in is to agree that Ludwig reigns supreme unless you're talking about Inde, an Acro is a must have for every drummer, "Black Beauty or a Supra" is the only answer to any "which snare" post, Ringo is typically untouchable, Peart is the G.O.A.T., and that most young "choppers" are always just "overplaying" with no dynamics or structure... I think it is still ok to say that Lars sucks tho.:icon_lol:
Thanks Marquisjohnson22!
I do have an Acrolite on a shelf. It served as a lightweight bass drum for awhile until I scored my new IKEA plastic tub.
But I kept all the parts. Somewhere. So I can return it to former glory.
Might make a lightweight timbale though. Hmm... If I drilled it...
Anyway, thank goodness about Lars!

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
Welcome Curtis! Sorry I'm a little late to the party! Nice bunch of folks here, and very knowledgable of all things drums and cymbals!
Not at all! Thank you Johnny D! Nice bunch of folks indeed! I look forward to taking part in this community!

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone for the nice welcome! You guys rock. Or jazz. Or whatever you personally prefer.
I wanted to close this one out with a thank you video.
My latest silly video on YouTube thanks Drum Forum and links to Drum Forum.
Here is a link if anyone wants to watch it:

slingerland 59 R/K snare

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm Curtis Miller. I just got here.
I have played drums for a long time. Now I'm an old man, but drums are still a hobby.
I was never a rock star, but I partied like one!
Now I play at low volume, and I play all kinds of music.
I have a YouTube show (who doesn't) called Drummers & Dragons, so I used that instead of Curtis Miller.
I look forward to talking about drums with everyone.
That's all for now I guess.
Thanks.
Welcome Curtis: As like you the old body still like to bang out a good tune. Enjoy the site.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome, but if you are an old man, you may be too old for this site. You see, we are mostly in our late 20's, super fit with lots of thick hair...and we typically date supermodels as well... :headbang:

:lol:
ME TOOO; HaHa; really only 73 but still feel like 20 (sometimes) any way welcome to the forum I think you'll like it here.

I'll check out your You Tune video.

sherm

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
Welcome to DFO! I've been traveling and now catching up on some missed threads, sorry so late!
Thank you fun2drum! Travel is good for the soul and I hope you had a great time!
Maybe we will all hear tales of exotic locales with magical drum souvenirs...

Drummers & Dragons

Reaction score
ME TOOO; HaHa; really only 73 but still feel like 20 (sometimes) any way welcome to the forum I think you'll like it here.

I'll check out your You Tune video.

sherm
Thank you CherryClassic!
I appreciate you having a look at my videos too! I'm 46 and feelin' 5!