Iron Cobra Dbl

petereather

Reaction score
Ok What is up with Iron Cobra Dble Pedals I thought they where Greatest thing since Can Beer ! Now it seams they suck ! All kinds for sale on Ebay

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Just because something gets sold doesn’t mean it’s bad. I sell all kinds of great drums and cymbals and gear when I decide to try something different. Plus, the manufacturers are always coming up with the newest “greatest” thing.

petereather

Reaction score
Thats Not What Im Saying . Not sure what I mean , past forum on drum pedals Iron Cobra was high on the list , chain mechanism strap mechanism metal mechanism internal springs external springs what the heck is going on solid foot board heavy pedal light pedal fast faster fastest . I think there is too much to choose from ? Just Saying

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you go back 10+ years there were 3 massively popular pedals- DW5000/9000, Tama IC and Pearl Eliminator. These are still all great pedals, but there are a lot of shiny new toys out there. The other manufacturers have all upped their game as well. After looking at a lot of pedals, reading the reviews and then comparing price tags, if I do choose to upgrade, it will probably be the Pearl Eliminator Redline.

petereather

Reaction score
Got It ; Just bought Iron Cobra , looks nice Double Pedal $ 68.00 / $ 27.00 shipping . I figure not much to loose ? Still have my trusty SK s

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
x
Got It ; Just bought Iron Cobra , looks nice Double Pedal $ 68.00 / $ 27.00 shipping . I figure not much to loose ? Still have my trusty SK s
For that amount of money you can't go wrong. Back in the early 80s I cracked the footplate of my SK and switched to the Tama King Beat. Then the DW5000s became all the rage and I played them for a long time. In the late 90s, I went to a shop that was closing had a big blowout to pick up a DW5002 and it was already gone, so I picked up a Pearl Power Shifter instead and I've been playing Pearl pedals ever since. In that time, the Iron Cobras were all the rage.

stevil

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ve got to be careful because Tama has tiers of pedals all called “Iron Cobra”. I believe the 900 are the best/come with more features

Reactions: dtk

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ve got to be careful because Tama has tiers of pedals all called “Iron Cobra”. I believe the 900 are the best/come with more features
Kind of what Ford just did with the Mustang, or Cadillac with the Cimarron...at $68 I think you're probably looking at the 200 IC.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a set of IC900's and they are nice and smooth pedals. I think they began to be talked about less when the whole "long board" craze came in the 2010's. For some reason the marketing really worked about long boards giving you more speed and power. When Tama came out with the Speedcobra, that became the popular pedal and the IC became second in line. It worked out great for me as I never noticed a difference between long or regular length foot boards and was able to pick up a new set of IC's for a great price while everyone else kept buying SC's for full retail.

Iron Cobras are great pedals. Real workhorses just like the Pearl Eliminators, which I also own. I also have a set of Mapex Falcon pedals. Total sleeper set of pedals. Very smooth.

Furious Styles

Reaction score
Simon Phillips was still running the old school ICs when I attended his masterclass a few years back.