Iron Cobra Power Glide Differences

Asher

Reaction score
I was just at Guitar Center, and they had a barely used Iron Cobra Power Glide pedal for $55, case included. I compared it to a new one on the floor, and the new one had chrome on top of the pedal housing instead of black powdercoat, but otherwise didn't look substantially different. Anyone know what the difference is? I went ahead and put a deposit down to reserve the pedal, but used goods have a 30-day hold so I can't take it home until the end of the month.

Brian Oheir

Reaction score
I'm not sure there are really any other they changed the look a bit. But since when do they ask you to put money down to hold an item but not let you take it for 30 days???

Asher

Reaction score
I'm not sure there are really any other they changed the look a bit. But since when do they ask you to put money down to hold an item but not let you take it for 30 days???
The 30 days thing is a local or state law, I think, so that stolen goods can't be turned over too fast. I put down $10 just to make sure it wasn't sold out from under me.

Brian Oheir

Reaction score
Ahh...that actually makes since. Maybe the same thing happens here too but I just wasn't aware of it.

earteaga

Reaction score
the newer iron cobra pedals have a coil under the footboard to help with rebound. other than that, i don't find much of a difference to the older pedals. i've yet to buy new ones since my two old ones are bulletproof and simply don't break.

the tama website does make a reference to the new housing as 'puts less stress on the bearings to make for a much smoother bearing motion'.

--
eddie