Is anyone buying or selling now?

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I've been trying to sell a guitar for about 3 months. This weekend it just exploded. I had four people wanting to see it today. I think it's probably tax returns. But it certainly didn't look like doom and gloom here.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I don't think it's a priority but God Bless ya if ya Can...

Last edited:

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
TRY to show a little respect and bury your head in the sand. Its all on hold...EVERYTHING. Take a chill pill and come back in a few months...No one gives a ….about this stuff!!

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
TRY to show a little respect and bury your head in the sand. Its all on hold...EVERYTHING. Take a chill pill and come back in a few months...No one gives a ….about this stuff!!
lighten up Francis!!!

are we not allowed to think of anything else but our impending doom?
This is a drum forum right?
hang in there everyone

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
This weekend it just exploded
maybe that was because someone wanted something to do in the house; Can see that as the selling angle..

"Bored at Home? Stuck inside? Try this The new fangled Fibes Drum Kit Complete with four toms four cymbals and four cases for when the curfews lifted. No more boring days. No more boring nights. Entertain the neighbors today with Fibes Extreme Combat Drum Set Supreme. Available for 1750$ home delivery available"

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have been trying to sell stuff for a while with no buyers showing interest and right now local musicians have been out of work for weeks so i don't expect any change to that scenario. It might be a good time to buy from struggling drummers but taking advantage in pricing in these times would be a bit mean and I wouldn't do it.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think "home" instruments may have a sales angle.
Harmonicas, pianos, acoustic guitars, singing bowls...maybe..
Zithers are known to be popular in a quarantine.. Tympani..
Vibraphone/marimbas/ small bongos, washboard vest's,

Last edited:

larold

Reaction score
I was trying to sell a few things on craigslist and reverb, but I took down my listings when shelter-in-place started.

I sold a cymbal locally before shelter-in-place. It was an awkward experience for both of us. I took my cymbals to the guy‘s house. We stayed on his porch. He had a stand set up. With him 6 feet away, I put the cymbal on the stand without touching the stand. I walked 6 feet away and he tried it out. He wanted to try out another cymbal, so he walked 6 feet away from the stand, etc. He paid via PayPal so I didn’t have to handle money he just touched.

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
I have been trying to sell stuff for a while with no buyers showing interest and right now local musicians have been out of work for weeks so i don't expect any change to that scenario. It might be a good time to buy from struggling drummers but taking advantage in pricing in these times would be a bit mean and I wouldn't do it.
I think you hit it dead on

with the economy so uncertain those with money are probably hesitant to buy

obviously those who have tragically
Lost their jobs can’t buy

hopefully this all passes quickly and get on to the important issues like

maple or birch would ya?
Loudest wrap and why?

cymbal felts
Do they help or hinder?

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
We met in a parking lot. I wear gloves any time I touch money, touch screens or gas pumps. Stuck the cash in an envelope and it's going into the bank.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am currently filling out four sets of Paiste cymbals. Still looking for a set of 2002 Thin crashes, a 19 602 Modern Essentials, and a 17 Masters Dark.
I am close to listing 19 cymbals for sale.
So ... yes. Buying and selling is quite active here.

tris66

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
People deal with things in different ways. Buying things is a legitimate emotional crutch for some people. Music is the same to others. Buying things might help them cope.
Not everybody has the same understandings/ beliefs as to what is going on in the world. They are looking at the whole thing from a different perspective and not changing what they are doing.
My opinion is to use a fishing metaphor. Throw out your bait. If someone bites okay. Too small? Throw it back in. Catch something? Cool. Get nothing? Who cares? You enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine.

kevinyarger

Reaction score
I put my reverb store in vacation mode a little over a week and a half ago. My wife works at one of the local hospitals and was exposed to a Covid patient shortly after that and while we haven’t shown any symptoms since that exposure I just decided I wasn’t going to risk possibly passing it around because someone bought a snare and I felt well enough to take it to ups or fedex.

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My wife and I retired from our day jobs over ten years ago. We live fairly simply, but comfortably. Our investments have taken a big hit, but we are in it for the long haul so we should be okay.

In January I sold off a good bit of unused gear. Because of this I have money in my gear fund. I was ready to pull the trigger on three separate vintage snare drums on Reverb. I also need some cases. I was going to place the orders when the world shut down, I'm now glad that I hesitated.

Personally, I'm sitting tight until I have some handle on how long this is going to last. I want to make sure that I don't have to dip into the fund for something else. I'm guessing that many feel the same way.