JDA think I called it 2 weeks ago with the great sell off thread
Oh you deleted your comment
With things just getting extended out its just gonna be more sales

Reactions: JDA

drummerfish

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
overall selling has been fine for me.

i sell items for a estate i work for. people are still interested in buying but the family decided to have me take a break til the virus scare is over.

as for drum gear i just started selling again on here and locally. i now have time to go thru things since i don't have a day gig for now and things are selling. granted its mostly parts which is always a good seller for me.

Last edited:

gmiller598

Reaction score
I bought some bags for my drums right at the start of working from home. I’m currently shopping for a good single pedal now. Leaning towards a Sonor Perfect Balance.

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought some bags for my drums right at the start of working from home. I’m currently shopping for a good single pedal now. Leaning towards a Sonor Perfect Balance.
Don't get the original because it had a few issues reported over the years which is why the new model appeared. Get the newer model if you do head that way.

gmiller598

Reaction score
Don't get the original because it had a few issues reported over the years which is why the new model appeared. Get the newer model if you do head that way.
yeah, I had spoken to my local shop about it when I was checking it out a couple of months ago. They definitely recommended the standard model over the original foldup model. I've heard the original would wear out and has actually folded up in the middle of playing. I'm hoping I can try the new Speed King before I make a final call but I'm afraid that might not be out for a couple of more months.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My local selling came to a standstill during the winter, long before CoVid19 came around. No one buying around here....just extreme tire kicking. But, selling on Reverb has picked up, especially with vintage cymbals if priced reasonably. And I've put more items up. You already have to figure the volume for UPS, FedEx, and USPS has tanked. So giving them a few items to send around the country is only helping them keep the shipping lines open. The virus only lives on cardboard boxes for a few hours to a day. When it arrives, quarantine it for 24 hrs. For drums, the virus can live on hard plastic and metal surfaces for 3 days. But for a drum shipped more than 500 miles, it will take more than 3 days to get to you. But if you like, wipe the drum(s) down upon receipt after you've quarantined the box for 24 hrs. As far as cymbals, the copper in them is not good for the virus.....kills it within 24 hrs.

If you're still picking up daily mail or newspapers from your carriers, you are at just as much risk each day bringing those items into your home. We quarantine them for at least 24 hrs before opening. The bulk of the virus transfers occur from surfaces to hand contact....then to your face. So don't do that. My local USPS and UPS pick up points are wearing masks and stay well clear of packages handed off. The real risk is not with the packages. I've been buying a few worthwhile items off Ebay and Reverb as well. I'm sure the sellers appreciate some business. If they don't, they always have the option of going into vacation mode for a while.

Last edited:

Ghostin one

Reaction score
UPS is way overloaded around here now..

Kissma Thomas, a ramp agent at the UPS facility near the Philadelphia International Airport, described the last few weeks as “peak season, times three.” But she said workers like her were laboring in “filthy” warehouses, unloading trucks and containers with little protection from the contagion.

NobleCooleyNut

Reaction score
yeah, I had spoken to my local shop about it when I was checking it out a couple of months ago. They definitely recommended the standard model over the original foldup model. I've heard the original would wear out and has actually folded up in the middle of playing. I'm hoping I can try the new Speed King before I make a final call but I'm afraid that might not be out for a couple of more months.
I purchased the original model Sonor Perfect Balance pedal and other than changing the strap with the factory retrofit strap , it has been great with no issue to report whatsoever . I have been hogging and rehearsing with this pedal 8 or 10 times a month at least and it is still my favourite pedal .
I bought the standard model Perfect Balance pedal for a backup and it has never been used . The original model is it for me .

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Just bought a 20" vintage Ludwig bass to make my 12 and 15 set complete.....so then I can "sell" it.....yeah, that's the ticket!

D

Drummer1990

If anyone cares I'm looking buy either a 14x6.5 Pearl Reference Series Brass or 14x6.5 Ludwig P85 Supraphonic Black Beauty.

I have cash ready on a card to pay with.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
maybe that was because someone wanted something to do in the house;
Yep. I sold a really nice Bosphorus ride over the weekend... to a bassist. He said he’d always wanted to learn to play jazz drums, so he figured now was the time.

Reactions: JDA

markrocks68

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lot's of goodies for sale here in Sun Diego. Sold 2 snares so far. PP works great for not handling cash.
I'm open to offers. Only shipping snares. All my drums are quite nice if I do say so myself. Thanks & BE WELL ALL.
1970 Mint blank badge Ludwig SupraPhonic 400 5x14 snare drum
1965 Leedy 8 lug Reliance model No. 2002 snare in Blue/Silver
1966 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Outfit Outfit in White Satin Flame
1965 Ludwig Downbeat Outfit in Sky Blue Pearl
1965 Ludwig Galaxy Pearl Club Date Double (Single) Bass kit

Iristone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've an AKG D12 on my way. Selling? No way, well if I grab a top condition something I might sell my Ludwig kit for room... I've saved enough not to worry. ;-)

Bluenote

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
lighten up Francis!!!

are we not allowed to think of anything else but our impending doom?
This is a drum forum right?
hang in there everyone
I think it’s vital to maintain those things which lightened life’s load, before the virus hit.

Heck, I was going to launch a Gene Krupa appreciation thread, because watching clips of him stirred a lot of thoughts, and all of them were good.

(I still might...but I bet it’s been done before)

I’ve had thoughts of a new snare, of selling a couple that I have, and even letting my two kits go to get one where I select the exact sizes and finish I want.

Just doesn’t seem like the right time to sell, so I’ll put all of the notions on the backburner for now.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I purchased a pair of hi-hats yesterday. Didn't need them, but the price was right. It's funny, but I am considering 'retiring' from music this year.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I ordered a couple drums back in November and 2 of the 3 are in-- a 13" Stage Custom and an 18" AHM bass drum, both add-ons for my kits. I'll be getting those shipped soon. Sadly, the drum I need to complete the AHM kit -- a 14" floor tom-- is still a couple weeks out.