IS BUM WRAP DRUM COMPANY OPEN FOR BUSINESS?; Updated One Week Later!

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
I need a piece of wrap to complete my Ludwig Oyster Blue drum kit, so I went online and was able to order it from Bum Wrap. (The same place I bought my last pieces of Oyster Blue wrap.) I checked out using Amazon Pay, and it said the payment cleared. However, I've left a voicemail message and an email inquiry there and I am hearing nothing. No response yet from Bum Wrap.
So, are they open for business or not???

P.S. Precision Drum said NO to my inquiry about 1960's Oyster Blue wrap. Said I would have to order 400 pieces. No thanks!

Stretch

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Oh, dear Lord. Here we go again.

There was a lengthy thread named "Absolutely Disappointed" in Feb. To sum up, guy placed an order, barraged the BUM guy with calls and messages (with no reply) and received the wrong wrap a little over two weeks later. Your results may vary.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
What state is Bum Wrap located;
gotta figure non-essentials are closed +/-
not that someone couldn't answer a phone etc
remotely)

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it's run out of the guy's house. Ive never heard of anyone actually going to a location to buy from them.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've called, texted on MANY, MANY occasions. Never with a reply. They're simply horrible at customer service.

Now, it's hard to say. With everything that's going on, people either have more time to in a sense, to do "production", if they're healthy.

I wish I knew what to tell you. I'd like to order elsewhere, but you really do save about 30%.

400 pieces??? WTF

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interesting.
Still no communication directly from Bum Wrap.
HOWEVER, today I got an email from them telling me a package has been shipped.
So I'll wait another 3-5 days and see what I get in the mail.

Stretch

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Interesting.
Still no communication directly from Bum Wrap.
HOWEVER, today I got an email from them telling me a package has been shipped.
So I'll wait another 3-5 days and see what I get in the mail.

Stretch
Watch the tracking. My last order was supposedly shipped on a Thursday after an email received. I checked that email for 4 days before it was updated and showed actual tracking information. And of course, I called multiple times and sent Murray a handful of texts asking about the crap tracking. NEVER a response.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
UPDATE:
On Thursday 4/2/20, only seven days after I made my initial inquiry, I received in the mail the drum wrap I ordered.
Although I never got an answer from BW [remember, I had telephoned them AND sent email messages] they DID come thru in a timely fashion and processed my order.
Can't wait to work on this floor tom and add it to the kit!
Pictures will follow when I'm done.
Stretch

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
UPDATE:
On Thursday 4/2/20, only seven days after I made my initial inquiry, I received in the mail the drum wrap I ordered.
Although I never got an answer from BW [remember, I had telephoned them AND sent email messages] they DID come thru in a timely fashion and processed my order.
Can't wait to work on this floor tom and add it to the kit!
Pictures will follow when I'm done.
Stretch

Glad to hear you got your order. I love the stuff they make. I used the citrus mod they make to make hoops to match my 71 set as the original ones were long gone and they look awesome. I have an 80;s rocker snare with classic lugs, p-85 and B/O badge that I thought about doing in citrus to match my set. That would be cool and should be pretty cheap to do.