Is C&C Drum Company Still in Business

lcondo123

Reaction score
They did also just send two kits out to Kevin Parker in Tame Impala. And two kits for the boys in King Gizz. They seem to be doing pretty well. As a drum business, having a long production time because of high demand seems like a problem I'd like to have... I hope they're able to sort things out soon and get on top of it, though. That problem can only last for so long before things get out of hand.

Buffalo_drummer

Reaction score
I work in manufacturing as a Supply Chain Mgr. and some of the my best machine shops/fabricators are the worst communicators and have limited or no customer service skills. But I get paid to stay on top of them to meet deadlines, chasing someone for a kit build after 6 months would be a complete drag.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They did also just send two kits out to Kevin Parker in Tame Impala. And two kits for the boys in King Gizz. They seem to be doing pretty well. As a drum business, having a long production time because of high demand seems like a problem I'd like to have... I hope they're able to sort things out soon and get on top of it, though. That problem can only last for so long before things get out of hand.

I am interested in what you are basing your opinion that they seem to be doing pretty well as a business? Is C&C a public company that we have access to their financial numbers? Perhaps you know someone there? How do you know that the long production, and I assume delivery times, are attributed to high demand for their product and not some other factor?

Delivery of some contracted products or acceptance of orders is zero indication of a companies financial health or viability. I am not directing this at C&C specifically, only tea leaves can be read there but most private companies in distress will almost exclusively portray an image that things are just fine right up to the day of default. Anecdotally, when I lived in Connecticut the areas largest domestic home heating oil company epically collapsed and was delivering oil and taking prepaid contracts up to the very moment they shuttered their doors.

Last edited:

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bill Cardwell is supposed to be at Explorer's Percussion in Kansas City tomorrow for Explorer's 35th Anniversary Party. If I get a chance to talk with him, I will let him know that there are concerns with his telephone/email responsiveness.

Update - I saw Bill this morning. I did not have a lot of time to talk, as he was announcing a clinician who was a C&C endorser. C&C is alive and well, although Bill said that he (not the company) was almost dead six months ago. I did not get any details, but it seems like that could have contributed to some hiccups in the operations.

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Well apparently my C&C's are about to be shipped. My LDS got a text today with pics from Bill C. Great! I'll be on my 550 mile bike ride next week when they arrive...Oh well, something to look forward to.

So Yes, C&C are still in business and are very busy.

58067556234__311F5724-14AD-41CD-9619-6142A79D7303.JPG

Groov-E

Reaction score
Well apparently my C&C's are about to be shipped. My LDS got a text today with pics from Bill C. Great! I'll be on my 550 mile bike ride next week when they arrive...Oh well, something to look forward to.

So Yes, C&C are still in business and are very busy.

View attachment 398188

Great news on both your kit and the company doing well.

My C C PD2 bop kit was the nicest kit I ever had, and I have had plenty.

Why-Oh-Why did I ever let them go ?

Obviously I was bad at personal decisions when I had youger dad concerns.

If any of you have one to sell, I'm buying !

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Great news Dan! Nice looking drums. Love the lugs.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a gorgeous looking set. Based on their instagram pics they finished up a bunch of kits this week - so sounds like the lugs were holding up several orders.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Yup. Arrives Monday when I’ll be riding from SF to LA on my bike. Something to look forward to on my return.
71DEB61B-5A23-42E4-A236-E396A51B3965.jpeg

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Oh, to be a porch pirate in Dan's neighborhood next week!

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, to be a porch pirate in Dan's neighborhood next week!
Ouch....especially with the tracking number now out there for everyone to see. Dan has done this enough times that I'm sure he's having them delivered to the local FedEx office for safekeeping until he returns from his bike ride.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Ouch....especially with the tracking number now out there for everyone to see. Dan has done this enough times that I'm sure he's having them delivered to the local FedEx office for safekeeping until he returns from his bike ride.
Sorry to disappoint guys, they’re going to my local drum shop. ;-) I’m not that dumb...or am I?

Latest posts