Is gone, gone, gone!!!

supershifter2

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will no longer leave my trailer hitch locked on the fornt or rear reciever my truck. not only was it an exelent place for it when not in use but it also served as a step so i could look over in the engine compartment of my 06 f350 to see if the motor was comimg apart. the new one will have a Master Lock locking pin when pulling a trailer but when i'm done it will come inside.

W&A Player

DFO Star
Reaction score
supershifter2 said:
i will no longer leave my trailer hitch locked on the fornt or rear reciever my truck. not only was it an exelent place for it when not in use but it also served as a step so i could look over in the engine compartment of my 06 f350 to see if the motor was comimg apart. the new one will have a Master Lock locking pin when pulling a trailer but when i'm done it will come inside.
Mongo is smart man.

supershifter2

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
W&A Player said:
Mongo is smart man.
awww Mongo ...........uh Mongo .............uh Mongo...........aaaawwww shucks Mongo cant think ! :O (LOL)

elcid

drum czar
Reaction score
Is good to be back at DFO! Have been battleing a few physical problems, two which had me hospitalized 18 days back in April (spent my BD there--yikes!). Anyway...I ilve in Redlands, in San Bernardino county; so califa. Gave detailed description of the drum to the investigating officer; the alterations I made makes it quite unique and is definitely a non-stock item. And the fact that there is a freaking nut rattleing inside (oops!) makes it even more unique. Am going to check a few pawn shops around see if I get lucky. Thanks to all of you who bothered to read my tales of woe!

-elcid

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, man!

It happened to me back in the 90's, the same way--in my driveway, and I inadvertently left one car window open about one inch, so the son of a bitch could get in there and pull up the lock button.

I called the cops, and they came out and got fingerprints, etc. I had to borrow a set of drums for the next few nights. Then, to my amazement, I got a call from the cops. They had found the drums at the house of a guy who was suspected of doing burglaries in my part of town.

Man, I was hugging those cops! The dumb s**t burglar had them set up in his house--all wrong, with the ride cymbal on the hi hat stand.

Anyway, my lesson learned was to take my s**t in the house, no matter how tired I am after the gig.

He went to jail, and I hope he rots in Hell.

VintageDrummer

DFO Master
Reaction score
I would say get limo tint but its illegal in cali right? I've had it since 99 on all my vehicles. Cant see in even when pressing your face to the glass. Only the windshield is not tinted so if i have something in the car i just make sure it cant be seen from the front

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I never leave any drum in my car - there's too much thieves around these days. And the stuff is too precious to let them gone and car get damaged..

Reaction score
Sorry about your loss, I feel for ya! I occasionally have nightmares about leaving gear behind....

You don't need anyone to teach you a lesson you already learned. With that said, we all express ourselves differently presumably with the best intentions.