Is music coming back where you live?

Sequimite

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came back about halfway this summer, which always has more opportunities, but getting squeezed again now as Covid cases are rising. Three dead this week in a very small county.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this...
Unexpectedly got to see a live band tonight in Northern NJ. We went for burgers at a local tavern and found out a band called The Strangers was playing. An unexpected boon! They sounded great and we had a great time.

I wanted to stick around to compliment them, but we had to get going.

I know there's some Jersey guys on here... Not sure if any of you are the drummer I saw. But if you are, good on you! You had a great gig and were a lot of fun to listen to!

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bay area is pretty much dead.
Guy at the local GC says he hasn't worked steady in about 2 years.
Some places are lifting mask mandates ,so we'll see.
Some places like Santa Clara county literally banned TV's in bars and restaurants because it constituted "live" entertainment.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
wait till the warm weather hits in the east!

Last edited:

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bay area is pretty much dead.
Guy at the local GC says he hasn't worked steady in about 2 years.
Some places are lifting mask mandates ,so we'll see.
Some places like Santa Clara county literally banned TV's in bars and restaurants because it constituted "live" entertainment.
Gotta look around. Solono County never had a mask mandate and across the Benicia bridge, Martinez has a great scene.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's coming back here in north NJ, but slowly. My band had a gig postponed in January because in a 250-300 seat venue, no band was selling more than 30 tickets!

Dan

No.15

Reaction score
It's coming back here in north NJ, but slowly. My band had a gig postponed in January because in a 250-300 seat venue, no band was selling more than 30 tickets!

Dan
I went to a concert in Chattanooga last weekend. ~800 seats, full house and I had a great time :)