Is there a drum set you would like back ?

Reaction score
I know this has been done before but it has been awhile regardless , so I am curious if there is a drum set you sold that you wish you had back ?
For me personally , I would like to have back my former Whitney Nesting 16 kit . It was ideal for rehearsals and small rooms , had that balanced fat birch sound and weighed less than 30 lbs nested . The Quickframe is genius and made set up and tear down very quick .

Reaction score
of all the sets i've had , my two regrets are parting with these [1] a black early '70's {u.s.} rogers - 24x14 , 14x19, 16x16 , 18x16 .. & [2] a purple moire camco - 18" bd , 12 x 8 , 14 x 14 & matching 5"snare .. apart from their great sound , it's somewhat depressing to think what their worth !

DoYouLikeHam

Reaction score
Not a drum set, but I had 13” Zildjian K/Z hats when I was a kid... and always wanted another pair... last year I ‘discovered’ eBay, and ended up winning two auctions...so now I have two pair.. does anyone want a pair at a reasonable price?

bob meyer

Reaction score
I know this has been done before but it has been awhile regardless , so I am curious if there is a drum set you sold that you wish you had back ?
For me personally , I would like to have back my former Whitney Nesting 16 kit . It was ideal for rehearsals and small rooms , had that balanced fat birch sound and weighed less than 30 lbs nested . The Quickframe is genius and made set up and tear down very quick .
Well, my 1st drum kit, purchased from Bill Mather in NYC in 1953 was a used Ludwig & Ludwig kit... BIG bass drum[?size} and 6/12, snare drum, a [as I know now] W&A hi hat stand , bd pedal {?} and funky small cymbals.... $100.. Sold for $100 in 1960...
Top Hat Glove and Cane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgio55

Reaction score
Top of the line Gretsch Kit, purchased new from the factory in 1971. Champagne sparkle, two 20”basses, 12,13, 14 and 16 toms and snare and all Gretsch stands. And 22, 20 and two 18 crashes and 14” highhat, all Z’s. Headed off to college and didn’t know where I would store it. Sold it in one day.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
My first drum set from when I was a teenager, wine red Ludwig Accent Custom.

rymivo

Reaction score
My early 80's Tama Imperial Star (concert toms) Pewter finish. I original thought they used some type of fake Mahogany (luan). I found they were indeed REAL Mahogany (non African). Never thought I would miss them.

AustinFitz

Reaction score
Not a kit, but my big regret is selling my 20" Sabian Hand Hammered Jazz Ride. I'm head over heels in love with the kit I have now, but man would I like to have that cymbal back.. Even went as far as tracking down the guy I sold it to, but he had sold it to someone else shortly after buying it from me, and didn't have any info on the buyer.

JohnnyVibesAZ

Reaction score
I never should have traded my three-piece Slingerland, made in '67, 14x20, 9x13, 16x16, 5.5x14, in Black Sparkle. The sparkles were lavender in color. I later added an 8x12, but there were three times the sparkles in the wrap (which I liked, but didn't match).
IMGP0113.JPG

Last edited:

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nothing high end. I used to have a Rhythm Traveler clone, very low dollars, very low end, very light. But the shells were sound, and tone was good. It was so easy to transport that kit. Shouldn't have sold that kit. Can't get them anymore.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
19179 Tama Superstars Super mahogany
tama.jpg
matte finish.
Wish I had the drums but not the look.

Last edited:

lv3lv

Reaction score
My old original 60's VOX Trixon 4-piece with a present day double bass pedal add-on would be fun !
Trixon Drum Set.jpg

My dad paid $100 bucks at a hock shop in tha 60's and now they have made a knock-off they call Telstar going for over $2000 new.

Last edited:

fibes3

Reaction score
North fiberglass.
It was goofy and couldn't get cases easily but I enjoyed playing it.

Attachments

Jackal Jack

Reaction score
Image0009.jpg

These. Yamaha RC's 22/12/14/16 in cherry wood I think the colour was called. Brought new in 2007. The only new kit I've ever owned, and cost a pretty penny. Fantastic design and finish was superb. Sold them to buy a car during a lean period about 3 years later, thinking I'd be able to get another RC kit anytime as they'd been making them for ages by then. Discontinued not long after! Back again, thankfully, but sorta dug these ones. Kept the stands though, marvellous hardware.

kzac

Reaction score
I had a 1996 three piece Yamaha stage custom kit I wish now I would have kept. It was the best gigging kit I ever had. I had compacted everything down to my tri tom stand, one cymbal stand and my hi hat stand ... I could carry everything in three easily manageable bags, and a 6X6 rug... I could set that kit up and break it down in less than 5 minutes.

Sometimes you see that new shiny thing and your brain goes all gooey. Then later you come to your senses and think .... boy I should have thought that through just a little more.... Oh well lessons learned...

kzac

Reaction score
yep, I had this kit 10 years ago. Wish I had it now.

View attachment 433932
I said the same thing about a stage custom kit I had with a 20" bass ... it was setup almost identical to this kit, except my floor tom mounted on my cymbal stand. I used another tri stand to hold my tom and crash cymbal ... it was super simple to setup and take down and it fit any where I was gigging .... like you I gigged with it for 10+ years ... love to have it back...