Is there actually a throne I will like? Looking for recommendations...

scottcyp

Reaction score
It’s pricey but amazing. Ahead Spinal G throne

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Somebody find this guy a Throne so this thread can end..Pls begging.
Might have to retreat to standing rest of yer drumming days

Kln_BC

Reaction score
Somebody find this guy a Throne so this thread can end..Pls begging.
Might have to retreat to standing rest of yer drumming days
I brought back the DW and ordered the round version with a back rest. I figure if the one I had was close enough that I was considering altering the seat then it should be good. I like the hydraulic and the cushioning, and the fact it's solid hardware, just the shape was killing me. Pretty hopeful it'll work out.

mlucas123

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would buy a Roc n Soc bed if they made one.

How have you not tried one of their thrones? They are the Gretsch USA Custom of thrones.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
RocnSoc saved my ass. I've played on many thrones and the only one I'll buy is RocnSoc hydraulic. FWIW I had to use a Tama 1rst Chair bicycle type the other night and it killed me. Waaaay to firm and the damn rocking drove me crazy. I like my thrones to be able to turn without rocking. RocnSoc hydraulic. The best.

Browny

Reaction score
I like my Tama 1st chair round XL. Big, firm, stable, and I got the obnoxious red leather version.

kdrumSTL

Reaction score
I'd still give the Soundseat a go if you've got the $$ to try it. I used to hate saddle-style thrones until I tried the Soundseat on top of just a basic double-braced, solid base, and it got even more comfortable (very surprising to me) when the set knob threads wore out and the seat was free to rotate, since I normally like throne stability over everything else. I do need to try one of those Tama 1st chair round XL thrones though. I have a Tama 1st Chair saddle, but I really don't like the wobbliness that I feel out of it.

Kln_BC

Reaction score
Got the DW Airlift with the round top and the back rest...been using it a couple days now and I'm very happy with it. Seat is a tiny bit on the firm side but it's not uncomfortable and I'm sure it will break in.