Is there any reason you can see why this Brady is not selling?

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I was going to offer $1000 but wanted to make sure there was nothing strange about this.
It is the first I have seen without a veneer finish

Thank you

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
$1000 is a ton of money for people to spend on a snare. The amount of people who would spend that much is tiny. Add in the fact that the Brady name has been out of the drumming limelight for a while, and I think that explains why it isn't selling.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I see them on eBay for more and maybe it's being advertised in the wrong place. Seen some at $2,000 ......mine has satin finish but is a block shell.

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
$1000 is a ton of money for people to spend on a snare. The amount of people who would spend that much is tiny. Add in the fact that the Brady name has been out of the drumming limelight for a while, and I think that explains why it isn't selling.
exactly....

$1000 for a snare is like selling a 10million dollar house....so tiny a portion of the population can afford it and the ones who can already have one or won't spend that much..........

personally..........and this may be just me.......if i'm going to spend that much on a snare...it will be a more name brand radio king, a bell brass of some sort, Gretsch progessive jazz, or noble and cooley… and its not about quality...at this level they are all tremendous drums......

not that a brady isn't awesome i'm sure.........…just others above are much more well known

Last edited:

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Because a $1200 snare drum doesn't sound better than a $400 snare drum.
- Depends on the drum - edges, roundness, shell material - the head, and how well it's tuned. That said, attention to tuning can work wonders.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Asking is one thing. Getting it is a second.

For now it is just priced too high. As the 15! Offers will contest.

That is a lot on Reverb and points all to a seller clinging on a feeling his price is right, whilst all the offers and the snare not selling pointing against that.

750-850 max I would say.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I commented already but did not read the initial thread throughly so deleted it.

This listing has a “Make an Offer” option. The seller has had 15 offers and has accepted none.

So, it could have sold but the “Market’s” and seller’s idea of the value do not jive.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
My beyond classic ‘74 Vistalite kit
with its five toms with the ultra rare sound projectors did not cost $1,000. In fact, one grand is what I spent on the cars I drove for three years of college.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great drum by all accounts but Brady was always an expensive boutique drum so had a limited appeal. Most people who wanted one back when they were hot probably bought one and now most younger players don't know much about the. The pricing reminds me of people trying to get 2 grand for a 5 piece set of Premier Resonators. It's just not going to happen. It's not a quality problem. It's a demand thing.

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
if you really want it I’d buy it

Don’t worry about the price
Wether it’s worth it for resale

I’ve paid more for drums over market price for something I really wanted

don’t look at it as an investment
Per se

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm always surprised at all the people on this forum that think $1000 is a lot to spend on a quality instrument.
Everyone has different income levels, credit levels, debt levels, desires to take on debt, more important priorities, families, more or less aggressive savings priorities, other responsibilities, pain levels on spending, differing definitions of wants versus needs.

Personally I would never buy a $1000 snare drum when I consider that I could buy a bunch of cymbals, other hardware, a couple of cheaper high quality snares or even entire used drum sets for the same money. To me $1000 is a lot for one snare drum, especially considering I am an amateur. If I were a pro then I might feel differently.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought an 1800 rare white walnut Crav. it was a good snare. But the older and used DW/Crav I bought for around 630 was just as good and detuned less quicker.

So high prices rarely equal the best thing out there.

It can give a good feeling, though. As my 6k custom DW kit is still one the best kits I have ever played.

But the truth is also, so did some more affordable models I have played. Those just weren't on the level I expected from drums myself as this one does.

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm always surprised at all the people on this forum that think $1000 is a lot to spend on a quality instrument.
Let me explain. I CAN afford a $1000 snare drum, but I can also spend $400 or $500 on a snare drum instead and get 99.9% of the same sound. There are tons of touring pros out there using beat-up Supras, Black Beauties, and even cheaper Acrolites. No one NEEDS a $1000 snare drum to sound like a pro.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
1000$ Brady doesn't make you sound any better. just makes you sound like you, playing a 1000$ Brady.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
It is when you can get equal quality from a 400$ used single instrument.
define quality. last 50 years without changing? Never comes loose after 60 years. Never breaks or dissolves? ok. got it.
Otherwise see my post above.

Latest posts