Is there anything I can do?

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Never feel like a fraud man, feel confident and proud in yourself that this is such a passion of yours that you're willing to STILL go back to nail it no matter what it takes.

Some people spend their entire lives not carkng about stuff half as much as you did with drums. Proud of ya and wishing ya the best! Let us know how it goes!
Thanks man!
Billy Cobham plays open handed because he’s a lefty playing with a righty setup.
Oh yeah, same with Beauford.
It opens up so much for them too.
I know in Carter's case, he saw Buddy play as a kid, and when he got a kit, he set it up the same way as Buddy.
Both are super creative/successful drummers. Cobham is a ledgend.
I've seen a few make the transition to open handes. It's definitely advantageous

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well here is a vid I did following working up from extremely slow tempos. It may, or may not seem to be a huge improvement (if anyone can tell at all?), but i really did feel so much more comfortable behind the kit. I feel unless this was just a fluke, I may be able to be a giging drummer again?
I hadn't played this tune in 10 years +, until I tried 2 days ago. It was awful! This isn't a very difficult tune, or anything, but it has a bunch of bass drum combos that i just couldn't play with any accuracy.
Like I said, it's not perfect, heck it might not even sond good, but for the first time in a few years, i was as comfortable as I've been in too long
kit.
I was able to improvise, and even when I'd make mistakes, I'd navigate back to the 1 when I'd make mistakes

Latest posts