Is this a K Zildjian Stamp?

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Found this stamp on a 13” cymbal that is being us as a top to a hi hat set. Is this a “K” stamp?
Besides the star and moon and Turkish Script it reads “Zildjian & Co, Genuine, Turkish Cymbals, Made in the USA

Thank you.
2109F8A1-E2C8-4884-83D2-CFE770A4F80D.jpeg

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
pending further clarification can you see a K before Zildjian? or A
I'm a little far away from the cymbal
rub some talc powder over insignate
late A Constantinoples may have had similar

Last edited:

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's made in USA, so it's not a K stamp.
K Zildjian was the name of the Company when it existed in Turkey. In the US/Canada K was a product line of the A. Zildjian Company...therefore...if it was made in the USA...its not going to have a K stamp.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nope, no “A” or “K”. The stamp camp down hard on the right side so the left is so what faint.

I would not have questioned it but the stamp identification site said that people confuse the Constantinople stamps with old Ks but there is no “Constantinople” on this stamp.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
there's no way that's any old K that much is certain
It's either an Avedis A Constan or Avedis K I'm leaning Avedis Constant

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's why for clarity whenever in conversation

American K's should be referred to as "AK"s,
Canadian K's "CanK's",
Turkish ...K's "old K's".

Bucharest A's as " Romanian lettuce A's" (< chances seeing one of those in person, lower than being struck by lightning and run over by a truck simultaneously)

Last edited:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's a K. Looks just like my EAK cymbal stamp with the leading "K" not visible.....and my cymbal was essentially brand new. The far left side of the stamp did not get struck up. "Zildjian & CO" is not centered above "Turkish Cymbals" so you know there's more to the "Zildjian & CO" line which is not showing up.

Note that the Zildjian & Cie cymbals would have "Cie" instead of "CO." Yours is a pre-laser stamp IAK....doesn't appear to have EAK fine lathing, so I'd put it around 1988-1993. Would need more shots of logos and other details for closer dating. Should have hammering marks much different than a 1990's A would. Some call the surfaces of the K's sort of "wavy" when compared to the smoothness of the A's.

IMG_20180210_214357.jpg

Last edited:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nope, no “A” or “K”. The stamp camp down hard on the right side so the left is so what faint.

I would not have questioned it but the stamp identification site said that people confuse the Constantinople stamps with old Ks but there is no “Constantinople” on this stamp.
The only "stamp identification" sites I rountinely reference are Zenstat's A and K galleries. Very thorough and great photos. There are a couple ones for the Istanbul K's as well. Anyways, here's the North American K link.

https://black.net.nz/avedis/NAK.html

If you forgot how to find them just remember his name "black.net." It googles right up near the top. The A's are under "avedis gallery black.net."

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The only "stamp identification" sites I rountinely reference are Zenstat's A and K galleries. Very thorough and great photos. There are a couple ones for the Istanbul K's as well. Anyways, here's the North American K link.

https://black.net.nz/avedis/NAK.html

If you forgot how to find them just remember his name "black.net." It googles right up near the top. The A's are under "avedis gallery black.net."
Great, thank you for the help.

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Funny, those are the only identification sites I use as well :glasses8:

I've switched over to cymbal wiki where the next generation work is appearing, but all the old stuff on black.net will remain so old links will always work.

The new version is going to have a much easier wiki structure to it plus it will be far more comprehensive. My older site outgrew the original organization a few years back. :icon_e_wink:

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
And right on cue here's somebody else who isn't sure if his A is a K. He has the 70s version of the A Zildjian & Cie Constantinople stamp. He got his info from the underpowered timeline on Reverb which is why he doesn't have info on whether it is 70s or 80s.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDA

Latest posts