Is this an old Ajax (B&H) snare?

Prufrock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Definitely not Ajax (or English). The drum looks like it could be German. Has a Sonor feel to it, but not quite. Trixon is a possibility, or one of the other West or East German makers like Tromsa; could even be from another nearby country from around the same time. Looks like it may be from the mid 1950s.

musicman64

Reaction score
Definitely not Ajax (or English). The drum looks like it could be German. Has a Sonor feel to it, but not quite. Trixon is a possibility, or one of the other West or East German makers like Tromsa; could even be from another nearby country from around the same time. Looks like it may be from the mid 1950s.
Agree with above...East European...Roxy...Trixon...Tromsa...just a guess Roxy..by the strainer assembly only

Jeppelebsig

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I agree. It looks more German than British. But the lugs is just different from both Roxy, Trixon and Tromsa. Hmm. I'll keep searching.
Thnaks again. :)

Jeppelebsig

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for your input.
After some additional research, I have found out that it’s a German Lefima from 1968.

Cheers,

Jeppe

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Awesome! Good luck with it, thats a nice looking drum. Have you measured the head to see what size it actually takes? My 1956 Sonor set takes a wierd size, like 11.5 inches .

Latest posts