Is This Cable-Tuned Snare "the Biggest Innovation to Drumming in Over 50 Years?"

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tone flange, Leedy knob tension, firtchie, Peavey Radial pro, Dw concrete, denim wraps, fake leather, see thru drums,
Zalmer Twin, Fiberglass over wood, spun fiberglass, Arbitor....the list is endless
Now this.
Not sure this is the slam-dunk argument you think it is. At least 4 of those are items that were rejected by the Luddites (Ludwig-ites?) of the time, and now are extremely desirable on the used market (or in some cases back in production), because, surprise surprise: they sound incredible. It's almost like the 100-year-old design of metal screw boxes on a wooden shell isn't the only way to make good sounding drums.

Launched at Guitar Center??? I guess no one else will hardly sell them now.....
Hell, Sakae couldnt pull it off.
Yeah, what a stupid business plan. Letting customers buy them direct over the internet, OR go to the country's largest music retailer so they can try them out / purchase in-person. What a bunch of business dumdums. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kevinpursuit

Reaction score
Head stretch as well. Humidity can affect tuning in some cases. Retune just like you would anyway. Hve seen these in West Coast Drum's shop. They will tune as tight as you want, no problem.
Doubt they will tune as tight as the regular lug style.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"in the overall scheme of things drums in music- are not so much a sound as they are "an event"... If the event is correctly timed or pleasingly placed the actual sound is least important"

--------Helmut Von Braun speaking at the Dusseldorf Symposium 1926
I just saw this thread , I have no opinion on this snare tuning device .

I really like this quote that JDA posted however .
I was watching a DVD and the drummer was doing fills with various cymbals mixed in .
And the thought occurred to me that it didn’t really matter what your sound was but rather that it be rhythmically correct ..