Is this the best kit for gigs?

Fat_asian

Reaction score
Or buskering? It has very minimal space to maintain, there are plenty of other YouTube vids. Check it out!

Fat_asian

Reaction score
You can carry it literally in a duffel bag for your hardware and the already mentioned round bag. It is possible to add Tom's onto it. 2 bags Pearl compact Traveller kit.

Sun shy

Reaction score
Just picked one of these up and LOVE IT! So much that I'm selling my Manu Katche jr. kit (my old gigging kit). Tried using an x-hat with it, but I don't think I can live without a real hi hat stand.

cjs2002

Reaction score
depends on the gig but for non-club/ballroom gigs ive got a sonor player's kit that is incredible. 20x12, 10x7, 14x12. Ride cymbal goes right on the kick.

i just take the heads off and put all the drums inside each other and it's one trip from the car with the drums, one trip with hardware. and they look and sound fantastic with the right heads!

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The pancake kits seem way overpriced to me.

Fat_asian

Reaction score
This is what I mean by small space. This lady has a nice style and the band sounds terrific!

Fat_asian

Reaction score
Since the Ludwig breakbeats drumkit only comes with velvet bags ( better off to use them as mutes while throwing them over the drums like old t-shirts) I found some beato bags, 100$ for the whole set but bare bones, only a soft shell albeit better than the Ludwig ones. It is a step up, they are floating around there somewhere on the internet.

Sun shy

Reaction score
Ha! You guys are too prideful. No one is paying attention to the kit at all--except us! As long as there is a beat, no lay person would care. Anyway, for what it is, the pearl kit sounds pretty darn good...and my back is too old to haul out heavy gear any more. :tongue5: One trip to the car and you're dunzo.

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
I suppose you could make the case for busking but it just doesn't seem very inspiring or fun to play. And let's be honest, most of us are playing for the enjoyment of it. And no way that gets heard at all in a bar setting.

Not really sure I see the point. I had a Pearl Midtown that I thought was a great low-cost gig set, you can even buy a single bag to fit the entire kit into- and you can actually hear the bass drum!

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bought this DW Low Pro Kit and case just before the Pandemic hit . I bought it with the intention of using it for my weekly rehearsals with my Big Band .
I am actually quite surprised how much I am liking it and my band mates like it too . I used it last Saturday for a gig on a deck and it worked really well . The combination of small footprint and good sound makes this a winner in my book .

Attachments

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
I believe these were the muse for the Pearl compact Traveller kit:

Use my NE series Purecussion for an acoustic band,bass is anemic so i use a d112 and a powered sub woofer,condenser mic for overhead,simple,easy,effective and sounds just fine!
20191112_072036.jpg

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
"just take the heads off and put all the drums inside each other "

Doesn't this defeat the "grab and go" aspect of it though?
I was going to ask as well.
I would put them in a couple bags and still could carry or use a little cart. One trip.
If we had a race from end of gig to car I bet I'd win

jaymandude

Reaction score
Bought this DW Low Pro Kit and case just before the Pandemic hit . I bought it with the intention of using it for my weekly rehearsals with my Big Band .
I am actually quite surprised how much I am liking it and my band mates like it too . I used it last Saturday for a gig on a deck and it worked really well . The combination of small footprint and good sound makes this a winner in my book .
For me, there is no pleasure in hitting toms like that. I'll take an 18 and a snare drum with YAmaha crosstown hardware and be perfectly happy..

Latest posts