Is this the best kit for gigs?

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
This is what I mean by small space. This lady has a nice style and the band sounds terrific!

Ah, great to see the next crop of young jazzbos coming up, and they're getting even more "honest" experience than I did! It's not even a matter of "You'll have to load in through the kitchen. Shouldn't be too much trouble." More like, "You'll be playing IN the kitchen. Shouldn't be too much trouble." They're among the kegs and chefs. And bless 'em, they sound good.

Stickclick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I played a junior drum kit that sounds giggable. Just pick it up and put it on the back seat of the car.

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a RIMS Headset kit that I use in very small venues. It sounds great, is really fun to play, and always gets compliments. However, I don't find it to be any more portable that a normal bop kit... in some ways less so. Small footprint though.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
"just take the heads off and put all the drums inside each other "

Doesn't this defeat the "grab and go" aspect of it though?

You know, for years, my gigging motus was:

1) Take the head off my 20 inch bass drum, put the floor tom (in its soft case) inside, zipper it up.
2) Put the snare in its soft case, and rack tom in its softcase, belt them together.
3) Put both on top of the trap case and wheel away to a Taxi.
worked for me!

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Ah man, I feel like that'd be my electric kit where I try to like it, and go waaaay above and beyond to make it work, but in the end just wanna burn it in a bon fire pit.

How's it sound?

Vibes

Reaction score
For my very small venue, tiny set up space gigs, I have a Sonor Safari . Lightweight flat base stands that fit in a little vintage H&B trap case. All sits on a hand truck . One trip in, and out.

Attachments