Is this ...wrong/Stingray Fiberglass

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score

Is drumhig a member here?

I recently bought an impulse snare so I don't need/want (badly) this...but I'm growing to love 4x14s.

Anyway...I haven't seen many Fiberglass drums by Stingray but the finish doesn't seem consistent w what little I know and the picture of the DW wires...that shell looks like wood....on top of that...I know Stingray had there own lugs...that wouldn't fit on a drum that small...and...the badge is partially under a lug...

Maybe they used generic lugs on shallow drums?...and maybe the badge was lower on the shell on deeper drums....

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well ... I can only speak from my life experiences with the company.
I used to own a home just down the street from them. I spent quite a bit of time there. Picked up some cool drums from them.
I honestly do not recall that finish or those lugs.
I could be wrong, but it doesn't look correct to me.
I could absolutely be incorrect ... but if I were using my money ... I would walk away.

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
Dave,
I zoomed in on the bearing edge pic, and I cannot see any ply's. Every Stingray I ever saw @ Tony Ricciardi's shop had black interiors but maybe there where other colors ? The shot of the strainer showing what should be the bed shows what looks like a wrap / edge space. Maybe e-mail the seller. Those lugs are Worldmax cubes, not the Stingray lugs I am familiar with. Maybe they used those for the shallow depth ?
I also love 4 x 14's, My Stanton Moore / Dunnett titanium SONO is one of my faves on the stand !!
Also, found this website : http://stingray-percussion.com/ Did someone buy the name, or are they back ?

Last edited:

gmiller598

Reaction score
Dave,
I zoomed in on the bearing edge pic, and I cannot see any ply's. Every Stingray I ever saw @ Tony Ricciardi's shop had black interiors but maybe there where other colors ? The shot of the strainer showing what should be the bed shows what looks like a wrap / edge space. Maybe e-mail the seller. Those lugs are Worldmax cubes, not the Stingray lugs I am familiar with. Maybe they used those for the shallow depth ?
I also love 4 x 14's, My Stanton Moore / Dunnett titanium SONO is one of my faves on the stand !!
Also, found this website : http://stingray-percussion.com/ Did someone buy the name, or are they back ?
They are coming back and relaunching. We'll see how it goes over.