Is vintagedrums.com OK to buy from?

GretscHead

Reaction score
I’m in need of bd parts for a slingy restoration and thru a slingy fb page I got a response from the man behind vintagedrums.com

Should or shouldn’t I buy from him?
He’s charging 10 bucks per lug or 15 bucks for 1 pair of claws&rods...

Any help is much appreciated

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So who gave you that quote? Ive bought a few things from people on that forum and didnt have any issues, but then again theres many members on there.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
When buying parts, especially if you've been solicited from your wanted ad, and the the seller doesn't take regular PayPal (not friends and family), run away. If he asks for check, money order, wire transfer or "gift" payment, don't do it. Most sellers that ask for that are usually reputable, but ALL of the potential scammers do it that way.
There are plenty of Slingerland parts out there.

Also, although pretty interchangeable, Slingerland lugs varied over different eras.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't know this guy, but I have vintage real Slingerland bass drum lugs if you need them....probably 16 of them......from a 60's shell......I may have 70's claws, but no T-Rods.

GretscHead

Reaction score
I don't know this guy, but I have vintage real Slingerland bass drum lugs if you need them....probably 16 of them......from a 60's shell......I may have 70's claws, but no T-Rods.
Forgot to mention I need the small lugs
Bass drum is an 18” concert tom

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Same place as I linked above has the small lugs and the claws as well.

I can fully understand anyone wanting to use the original vintage parts on a project and, all things being equal, so would I, but sometimes using new parts that are indistinguishable from the originals once on the drum makes more sense cosmetically (shiny new chrome), functionally (not worn out, stripped, or cracked) and budgetarily (not as expensive) particularly on a set that is not destined as a museum piece.

https://drumsonsale.com/parts/lugs/tom-tom-lug-dc-025.html

https://drumsonsale.com/parts/bass-drum-claws/steel-bass-drum-claw-pr-057.html

Reaction score
I know this guy hes totally legit and cool , very passionate about vintage drums no worries there.

GretscHead

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone chiming in. I also have a good impression of the man and his business, but think his prices are a bit...eh uhm pricey:)
I’ll definitely go for the repros

Love this forum!

Svein
Norwegian

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Good luck Again.

I am building a Rogers vintage snare. I have the Vintage shell, but I have decided to buy all new lugs, a new throw off in a new butt plate. Yes, it's not a real build, as I am making a tribute snare, but that's fine. The new hardware should be pretty sturdy even though I'm very impressed with original vintage Rogers parts.

Latest posts