Iso Feet on ludwig floortom

personal_hero

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm going to try the pearl ISO feet, but I'm wondering if they will on my classic maple classic floortom legs. Any info is much appreciated!

Sven

Snaffoo

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
They fit on 3/8" legs. I've got them on my Element SE floor toms and my Club Date Floor tom, they work great!

Scott

Donn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have them on all my Ludwig floor tom legs.

TomN

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you want to save a few bucks, these are a steal with free shipping:

http://www.music123.com/Drums-Percussion/Drum-Accessories/Drum-Replacement-Parts/Tom-Parts/Floating-Floor-tom-feet.site7prod490682.product

The Gibraltars are made for 10.5 mm legs but seem to fit ok on 9.5 mm legs. I've tried them both and think the Pearls fit a little more snugly on the 9.5 mm legs.

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've had the Gibraltars, and they work great. Just for the record, I was going to isolate my Ludwig Legacy floor tom, and the thing rang so well with just the regular rubber feet that I never bothered. I don't use Moongel, tape or anything else, BTW.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I prefer the look of the Gibraltars over the Pearls. They look more like traditional feet only a bit fatter (they have a hollow interior). I think they will both work fine on Ludwig legs. I have the Gibraltars on my Element set.

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
I buy those Gibralter feet a half dozen sets at a time. I put them on each and every floor tom that comes through here. They improve the sound of a drum dramatically. And for the better. All drums should come from the factory with these feet on them. Works on bass drum spurs too! I swear by them.

John

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
I prefer the look of the Gibraltars over the Pearls. They look more like traditional feet only a bit fatter (they have a hollow interior). I think they will both work fine on Ludwig legs. I have the Gibraltars on my Element set.
Hey K.O., what do you use on your Gretsch floor toms (with 12.7mm? legs)?

slinginit

Shake, bump, and shake again...
Reaction score
I tried these at the suggestion of a vintage drum guru ~13 years ago on my old Luddies. Never had a problem with the FT, but DAY-YUM! that thing really sustains now!!! Who knew such a small thing would make a noticable difference? I never bothered with a RIMS mount for the FT.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
I have the Gibraltars on my Ludwig Element SE floor tom and the Pearls on my Silverstars.
Used to have the Pearls on my Catalina Jazz floor tom before I sold the kit and bought the Silverstars.
Never bothered to A/B them since both floor toms sound good already.
Anyone ever compare them?

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
For a while Gibraltar did sell 12.7mm iso feet. No longer available now for some stupid reason, but I found someone here on the forum who had two sets of them and needed the smaller ones so we swapped.

I know I've seen Gretsch sets with 12.7mm legs and these feet in guitar centers (Catalina or Renown drums)...so either they were older stock or else they still make them but don't sell them individually. I even contacted Gretsch about it once through their customer service link. They offered to sell me a complete set of legs with those feet on them for around $100...I declined. It was a post about that experience that led to the swap mentioned above.

Vipercussionist

Drummer Extra Ordinary
Reaction score
Agreed, They work JUST as well, they look better, are CHEAPER so no down side.
Plus, I just can't put PEARL parts on me Ludwigs!!!

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
For a while Gibraltar did sell 12.7mm iso feet. No longer available now for some stupid reason, but I found someone here on the forum who had two sets of them and needed the smaller ones so we swapped.

I know I've seen Gretsch sets with 12.7mm legs and these feet in guitar centers (Catalina or Renown drums)...so either they were older stock or else they still make them but don't sell them individually. I even contacted Gretsch about it once through their customer service link. They offered to sell me a complete set of legs with those feet on them for around $100...I declined. It was a post about that experience that led to the swap mentioned above.
Thanks K.O. I actually made the Pearl versions fit on my 12.7mm legs (with a fair amount of wrangling), so I'm sure I could make the Gibraltars work.

greggp

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you're going to use them on a silver sparkle Ludwig drum, you'll have to sign a damage waiver.

Latest posts