Istanbul Agop 20.5" 25th anniversary ride cymbal

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Istanbul Agop 20.5" 25th anniversary ride cymbal.

1856 gms -- Great weight.
I have two and am just keeping one.
Dark, smokey, versatile jazz ride. Great for Left side Ride and quieter gigs.

Ptrick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just to be clear, this is the Memphis Drum Shop cymbal they had Agop make for their 25th anniversary. Agop made a 25th anniversary model
For their actual 25th birthday, which was the first of their cymbals to incorporate the blue patina. I have one of each and the Memphis model is more open.

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
Just to be clear, this is the Memphis Drum Shop cymbal they had Agop make for their 25th anniversary. Agop made a 25th anniversary model
For their actual 25th birthday, which was the first of their cymbals to incorporate the blue patina. I have one of each and the Memphis model is more open.
you beat me to it!! vastly different, both great...
GLWS...

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have both as well. I was under the impression that Memphis drum shop commissioned additional ones more or less to the same specification. Is that not the case?

Mine are similar but the older model is flatter and a little trashier and darker. This one is little more friendly. I should take a side by side video.

I actually like the sound of this one better. But the older one has some sentimental value for me and is possibly the quietest cymbal I own. It's the one thing I can use in the apartment the few times I setup my drums here.

Anyway, I think I priced this one accordingly.