Istanbul Agop Mel Lewis 20” Ride

Classicdrummer

Reaction score
Great condition with one non-factory rivet hole, it’s probably between 1750 and 1800 grams (my scale isn’t all that accurate). No cracks or flea bites or key-holing. Looking for $270 plus split shipping from the northeast.

Attachments

tkillian

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you post Sound or video?

Looks great

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks. Awesome cymbal. Im wondering what normal hickory sticks sound like in it. Probably a tad softer stick sound.

Very nice cymbal

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not trying to be a jeark but you might want to make another exactly as you did but with a hickory stick.

Its an awesome video and cymbal!

But I think very few drummers use oak.

It maybe just leave it as is.

Its a good one. Mel would use it!

Last edited:

Classicdrummer

Reaction score
That’s good advice! I’ll work on it when I get another sunny day.
I do like the cymbal a lot- I’m from Western NY so I like the connection to Buffalo! But I’m not using it so much as my 20” signature and I’m dying to try out those K sweet rides.

stick2it

Reaction score
Writing you from nearby Ithaca. Where are you?

From what I can tell, a nice cymbal. Wish the video was a little less noisy. (A boomy car stereo passing by?) Any chance you can post a video with you playing the hickory stick that doesn't have so much background noise? Would also welcome a more precise reading from your scale. Might be interested, but need more info.

Classicdrummer

Reaction score
Writing you from nearby Ithaca. Where are you?

From what I can tell, a nice cymbal. Wish the video was a little less noisy. (A boomy car stereo passing by?) Any chance you can post a video with you playing the hickory stick that doesn't have so much background noise? Would also welcome a more precise reading from your scale. Might be interested, but need more info.
Up in Burlington. I’ll work on a video with less noise, but don’t have a more precise scale unfortunately.