Istanbul Mehmet Horacio Hernandez "El Negro Flat Ride".

DonS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently came into a 22" Istanbul Mehmet Horacio Hernandez "El Negro" flat ride in a trade with Drum Center of Portsmouth. I would never have known of this cymbal had DCP not listed it on E Bay with a sound file. It has proven to be one of THE most amazing flat rides I've played, certainly the darkest with fine crystal clear stick definition and not a single weird or annoying undertone. It's crashability is like surf at the bottom of a cliff or bluff along the southern California coast.It has a surface finish unlike anything I've seen, reminds me a bit of the brushed metal finish of an old Zippo lighter. Clearly one of the most amazing flat rides I've owned, played or heard. Has anyone else had any experience with this flat ride or any of the other Horacio Hernandez signature Istanbuls?
By the way, Drum Center Of Portsmouth was one of the best shops I've dealt with; , friendly, genuinely interested in customer satisfaction, great sound files which should be mandatory of any cymbal seller and I felt them very fair in their trade policies and the deal we made. Thanks Tom!
Regards
DonS

RyanR

Underaged Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Congrats!

This is a brand new line for them as of winter or summer NAMM, so few are out there.

They rides sound great.

-Ryan