Istanbul Mehmets

44Ronin

Reaction score
Hi, this is rudie. My old account was damaged in the forum changeover.

I'd just thought I'd share some nice pics of the new cymbals!

Sultans

14 Matched Medium Hihats (Crisp, warm and crunchy) 16 Thin Crash (Smooth, bright with dark overtones/wash) 20 Jazz Ride (Bright stick with dark & complex overtones, bright and compact bell)

Traditionals

14 Regular Hihats (Hissy, sizzling tone) 16 Thin Crash (Explosive and Dark) 20 Medium Ride (Great stick definition, sweet overtones, strong bell)

RyanR

Underaged Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Beautiful indeed! I've not seen Sultans in that light before. Gorgeous. How's the 20" Sultan Jazz weight-wise? Does it crash OK?

I'm a Mehmet addict, too. I've got a 20" Medium traditional ride and 16" traditional thin crash as well. They really *work*.

Others: 14" Legend hats, 20" Trad Jazz ride, 20" Nostalgia crash-ride.

I'm thinking that a Sultan or Vezir is in my future. Hopefully Soon. :)

-Ryan

44Ronin

Reaction score
Beautiful indeed! I've not seen Sultans in that light before. Gorgeous. How's the 20" Sultan Jazz weight-wise? Does it crash OK?
I don't have a weight measurement in grams for this one but it's nice and light, has a gradual bell to bridge transition and it crashes fantastically - the dark crash overtones really simmer down nicely and because of that it works well for both accents and filling large musical spaces.

Soon I'll weigh it and report

steel5blue

Reaction score
I don't have a weight measurement in grams for this one but it's nice and light, has a gradual bell to bridge transition and it crashes fantastically - the dark crash overtones really simmer down nicely and because of that it works well for both accents and filling large musical spaces.

Soon I'll weigh it and report
Beautiful Mehmet family portraits!
The Sultan Jazz 20" rides I've seen, generally come in the 1950g-2150g range.