It’s been a hell of a week.

andlours

Reaction score
Nice finds! I have the hammered version of that snare and found an orphan Ringo bass drum a few months ago. Both super cool drums!

Phantomlimb777

Reaction score
Nice finds! I have the hammered version of that snare and found an orphan Ringo bass drum a few months ago. Both super cool drums!
I’m normally an 80’s Tama guy, but these have me convinced I need to complete a kit.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks like an updated mount (Tama, Yamaha, or similar) and a vintage Ludwig double tom holder.

Congrats on the cool finds!

Phantomlimb777

Reaction score
wth 's on top of that bass drum
I think there's an armrest or seatbelt buckle giving off a glare
There’s an ugly Tama mount on it, I have the task of filling, then covering the hole. Any advice?

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
And the Ludwig original old fashioned post is in the Tama block ( Oh that's nice ; )

Phantomlimb777

Reaction score
I really want to do right by this restoration, so any input is greatly appreciated.

Phantomlimb777

Reaction score
What's going on in that first pic? I don't get it. I see a black shell/bearing edge. What's that poking out of it? The bass drum is Black oyster, so what's that edge from?
The inside was repainted, I think they painted the edges, then heads marked em up

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
What's going on in that first pic? I don't get it. I see a black shell/bearing edge. What's that poking out of it? The bass drum is Black oyster, so what's that edge from?
- That looks like where Ludwig may have folded the wrap directly into the plywood when building the drum.

Latest posts