It’s the things we want to get rid of and sitting around unsold thread

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Main thing I need to get rid of is some PA equipment. The speakers forget it no way I'd ship them and expect to make any sort of profit, but the 231 DBX eq and Yamaha powered 16 channel mixer probably would be light enough to ship. I've sort of have in my mind buying a new classic maple kit in two years for my 50th birthday and a brand new set of Zildjians...to do that I'd need to sell some drums but there's nothing there that would make much and not even going to mention them yet ;)

Tanabata

Reaction score
Oh boy... great thread idea.

I have stuff laying around, hate shipping, hate craigslist, but here we go. I'm in NYC.

Late 80's DW, first badge 6 ply Keller shells with 6 ply re-rings, 22, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 with a NOB 6.5x14 snare, Yamaha rack, blue to black fade.

Ludwig: 1970 3 ply Ludwig 22, 12, 13, 16 with hardware, blue oyster pearl, perfect condition, seriously.
1980 Ludwig 6.5x14 COB
1970's pointy badge 6.5x14 COA supra
late 90's 5x14 bronze
1920's solid shell single tension (with 14x26 solid shell bass drum)
Leedy&Ludwig 5.5x14 snare Black Pearl.

Yamaha 16x16 pedal floor tom, needs pedal, funky original orange wrap.

Gretsch 70's first stop sign badge, natural maple lacquer, 20, 12, 13, 14, 16.

bass pedals: Asba Caroline, Tama/Camco, Gretch Floating Action, a bunch of Yamaha, 2xDW 5000

Just tons of cymbals stands, mostly Yamaha

hi hat stands, vintage Slingerland (Buddy type), DW 5000 with 2 legs, a few Yamaha

Cymbals: 22" hollow block stamp A Zildjian, more

I'll add more and do some editing later.

m_anderson

Reaction score
I have a, like new, A&H MixWizard WZ3 14:4:2, in a custom made case that I've been using as a lamp stand for many years. Completely forgot about it until blueshadow mentioned PA equipment. It is literally right next to my drum kit with the lamp I use when practicing, and I didn't even think of it till now. Left over from my days of attempting a home recording studio.

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score

I have stuff laying around, hate shipping, hate craigslist, but here we go. I'm in NYC.

Late 80's DW, first badge 6 ply Keller shells with 6 ply re-rings, 22, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 with a NOB 6.5x14 snare, Yamaha rack, blue to black fade.

Ludwig: 1970 3 ply Ludwig 22, 12, 13, 16 with hardware, blue oyster pearl, perfect condition, seriously.
1980 Ludwig 6.5x14 COB
late 90's 5x14 bronze

bass pedals: Asba Caroline, Tama/Camco, Gretch Floating Action, a bunch of Yamaha, 2xDW 5000

hi hat stands, vintage Slingerland (Buddy type), DW 5000 with 2 legs, a few Yamaha

May want that deep dish Supra. We’ll see. Not quite ready to bite just yet.

Johnny K

Reaction score
How much are you offering?
Are you familiar with the saying, "Even for free, it's not for me"? I couldn't come up with the money to give someone to take this. If you dying to spend some money I have a 2008 175th Anniversary Martin HD28V to unload.

Last edited:

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'll add a picture or three later.
Six (6) piece LUDWIG kit from 1980-1982. Silver sparkle wrap with rash on two panels. Factory riveted seams. Player's condition.
Sizes are [depth x diameter]:
12x13, 13x14, 14x15, 15x16, 16x18, 16x24
Drums only, no stands or double tom holder.

You pick it up. $400

Stretch
Would like to see a few pics. Definite interest. Thanks!

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

1980 Ludwig 6.5x14 COB
late 90's 5x14 bronze

Pics of 70’s COA 6.5 Supra please? Interested...thanks

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
How is this different than the for sale section (aside from the "casual" descriptions)?

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How is this different than the for sale section (aside from the "casual" descriptions)?
These items aren't for sale ... they are just sitting around taking up space ... maybe?
i was wondering the same thing.
I'm window shopping here ... which is odd. Kinda like having dinner at a friends house and asking to purchase his spare TV in the den.
I wasn't sure what was supposed to happen here. I've held off reaching out to people because the point of the thread is "I have it. You want it. You can't have it. I won't do the work to sell it."
That's not meant to be mean ... it's genuinely the focused point of the thread.
Heck, there's some neat stuff here.
Maybe putting some of it in the FOR SALE areas would do some good? I don't know. I just rent space here hoping to meet some chicks.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Soem of the posters have stated "I have had this up for sale in the "for sale" section but no bites"

So kinda like yea let me dump it here, maybe it will help, and it certainly can't hurt! Lol

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been trying to sell a "like new" Pearl T2000 double tom stand on CL for the past 6 weeks. This was Pearl's top-of-the-line heavy duty tom stand until it was discontinued. Admittedly, it will only appeal to a very limited group of drummers who own Pearl kits, but at $60, I thought I'd get at least some interest by now.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I look at it this way - if I put something in the For Sale section, that means I should have everything ready for sale. Not necessarily boxed up, but at least ready to be boxed up. I should also have good pics of everything, with serial numbers and all that kind of stuff as well. If someone reads this thread and sees something they're interested in and contacts me, then I can do all those things.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I look at it this way - if I put something in the For Sale section, that means I should have everything ready for sale. Not necessarily boxed up, but at least ready to be boxed up. I should also have good pics of everything, with serial numbers and all that kind of stuff as well. If someone reads this thread and sees something they're interested in and contacts me, then I can do all those things.
Big THUMBS UP! On this post.... Perfect explanation.

That is why it was\is such a great idea for a thread.

Old Drummer

Reaction score
Are you familiar with the saying, "Even for free, it's not for me"? I couldn't come up with the money to give someone to take this. If you dying to spend some money I have a 2008 175th Anniversary Martin HD28V to unload.
Truthfully, were I in the US I'd probably talk turkey with you about the cymbal--not because I'd expect to like it but because I love buying from sellers with your attitude and figure I could unload the cymbal somewhere. Alas, I'm not in the US and international shipping is too expensive to make any deal viable.

But if I may be so presumptuous as to offer advice, why don't you send the cymbal off to a smith who can turn it into one you like? Assuming it's B20, round, and medium weight, a smith should be able to work with it. For $50 - $100 you may have your dream cymbal.

I assume Martin is a guitar, and I'm not interested in them. I'm a drummer.

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bunch of good cymbals I’m looking to part with, all Zildjian and couple of Paiste.

Paiste 18” fast crash
Paiste 18” 2002 flat

Armand 18” Thin crash
K Sweet 19” crash
K Custom 22” ride
New Beat 14” hi hats from the 2000s
K Light 22” ride
Avedis Orchestral 20” medium thin

Possibly a 70s 3 ply Ludwig 13x9 in black diamond pearl.

Not necessarily looking for trades, but will consider 6.5 Supras or BB, K Con Medium 22, K Sweet 15”, K Con 20s, Kerope 20s, K Sweet/Cluster 20, Zildjian CIE crashes, K Heavy 22.

Last edited:

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a basically brand new DW Performance Series Snare 8x14 in Gold finish ply. About 2 months old from Sweetwater. Drum has seen about 3 hours use. I bought it trying to match a DW kit I have but the gold is a bit off. $350 shipped in CONUS.

Latest posts